• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where have all the DGCR members gone ?

Hey, that was a fun thread, and it was the nursing mothers that were called Nazi's IIRC, not you...
Or maybe I missed one on your "called a Nazi notch" on your belt.

Wow, maybe y'all are right. What has DGCR become without such greatness...

That wasn't the thread I was referring to.

I'm not on the forum much but if the Course Directory, Map features, and profile for tracking courses played went away I would be very sad as I don't feel other directories/sites are as good.

I used to have a job that basically paid me to spend time here. Now, I have no computer time at my new job and have no interest in sneaking in quick phone check ins. My DGCR time is roughly 20 minutes a day at most. I have no doubt this brings joy to some people here.

So you got paid for being a miserable cuss. Good work if you can get it, lol.

Excellent post.

I just want to say, "I WAS RIGHT!"

But it's easy to be right when you have a cousin in the FBI in DC that had a sterile suburban east coast upbringing and you do not trust him.

Almost forgot my disclaimer: If any of this has been mentioned already, please forgive me.

From my own personal experience, the Forums section has become very clique-ish. The same handful of users generate most of the content. Why is that? Well, again from my own experience, there are a lot of keyboard cowboys on this site that are super quick to point out perceived errors or misstatements by others. This type of activity will tend to prevent many from offering their opinion on a myriad of issues. The "Are we taking Covid seriously" thread is a perfect example. I went back and reread a lot of the original thread. There was so much bad information being pushed on that thread by seemingly knowledgeable people. A lot of folks were demonized for "not following the science", while it turns out that "science" was feeding us a lot of bunk about many facts concerning the virus.

I still find it amazing some of the stupid things that were implemented because of Covid. Does anyone really feel that wiping down our grocery store purchases with bleach or having store aisles with one-way signs on each aisle, helped stop the virus? Masking was almost completely useless in stopping the spread. Keeping kids out of school was the most damaging thing we could have done to our school aged kids, and we are seeing the results of those lockdowns now. Probably the dumbest thing I saw was sanitizing baskets after a card holed out. What a joke that was, and did not do a thing to mitigate the virus.
(These are rhetorical statements and not intended to evoke a response)

I pretty much gave up on the forums after my experience with all the keyboard cowboys. I rarely post anything in the forums now (and when I do, some are quick to find fault, and comment on it). The phrase "If you can't say something nice, shut the F up" is clearly not followed by many. Because the question was asked about DGCR users, I thought I would offer my reasons about why I no longer "contribute" (at least in the forums). I still do "Updates" on conditions and the like. I still use DGCR to find new courses, and I much prefer the DGCR app for scoring, over the Udisc app, even though the DGCR app does not offer all the bells and whistles the Udisc app offers.

Did you notice how I got my points across without calling anyone by name or denigrating anyone directly? (You all know who you are.)

Another excellent post.

More examples of how this is partially a user issue. Here's what I've experienced:

- Been told that I'm claiming to be a victim when I've done no such thing.
- Had a PM recited in a public thread. I mean, its a PRIVATE MESSAGE for a reason.
- Been told that I am "behind the science."
- accused of being a Nazi - pretty sure that thread got deleted
- Had someone say, "That Dave guy, he can f*** right off." Fortunately, the mods deleted that one pretty quick.
- Called a pedo - again the mods were great in deleting those posts

I may tease people for believing the Earth is flat or poo poo smaller baskets but ultimately I'm not a mean guy but some of you are very intolerant of differing views. You want more users here then some of you need to start learning some tolerance and kindness.

... some of you are very intolerant of differing views. You want more users here then some of you need to start learning some tolerance and kindness.

Definitely some e truth to this statement, and while intolerance if different viewpoints isn't helping, I don't even think its in the top 3 reasons fir dwindling membership and activity.

Definitely some e truth to this statement, and while intolerance if different viewpoints isn't helping, I don't even think its in the top 3 reasons fir dwindling membership and activity.

Pretty sure members who don't check their for proper spelling are the singular cause for DGCR's slide.

I really don't buy the whole intolerant [liberals] chasing away users angle. I'm sure most of you guys remember how this site was 10 years ago. I'd argue that the message board is more friendly now. Back then you'd have prerube shouting down every new user for not using the search function and Frank D making even the most bland conversation more than a little creepy.

Udisc for reviews/ability to search courses, and FB for disc sales. YouTube for disc form help.

Honestly, once it became easier/better to sell frisbees on Facebook, this site lost a lot of value. I really only use this site anymore to track courses...and that's mostly because I've been too lazy to update everything into Udisc.

Also, this place was much more fun in the golden days of multiple infractions/mini-bans on a daily basis.

A couple of things here have decreased my use. Retirement believe it or not is the main reason. When I was working dgcr was open on my office desk machine all day and between appointments was a source of distraction. In retirement I no longer have a desk machine nor appointments to be distracted from. What a **** shame. Another reason is that some of the recent changes have made it a touch more difficult to use my phone on here. I haven't gone anywhere and will continue to monitor things, just maybe not as much. Could be there are 50,000 or so recent retirees. ��*♂️

A bunch of members may have quit using the site when it switched owners. There were a few days with glitches that kept people from logging on, kept people from posting, kept kicking people out. I know there were times during that period that I almost called it quits with DGCR.

And do we really know how many are no longer using the site? Is there information available that shows who has logged in and who hasn't over a period of days? For example, I can go to uDisc and ask how many people have played a course using uDisc last month and they can give me that information. But is there something in DGCR that shows...there are X number of members, but of that number, only Y number logged in at least once since 1 Jan 2023?