• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where have all the DGCR members gone ?

For the record, I've been here for a little while now, and for the most part, this community is incredible. Most folks are good people. There's a few bad eggs, sure. But they are easy enough to avoid.

Agreed, obviously I came for the hotties and the BBQ recs but stayed for the community. And the care and curiosity of Brychanus and SW and everyone else contributing in the technique section is a real gift.

So you got paid for being a miserable cuss. Good work if you can get it, lol.

blank-stare.gif

I'm waiting for Steve West to give us a % breakdown on "where have all the members gone"

as compared to predictions generated by his statistical model of internet disc golfer behavior.

If the end is imminent for DGCR as we know it, wouldn't one last mega-meet up be in order ? Sure there might be a few fist fights, but all in good fun.

Last edited:
Just firing up a new phone.... this is what I see when I don't login

Gross. It was like that for a few days for everyone and it was awful. Probably hard to register with all the scrolling and cascading ads...

Good on your cheap a$$ getting a new phone from this century though ;)

If that's what I saw when I opened DGCR I wouldn't go a single step farther to the site. That's worse spamming than FBook.

Without creating an account and logging in the spam nonsense is unbearable. They have unmutable ads and page shift click x out windows that redirect to the spam page when trying to close it.

Any questions of why this place isn't growing can be directed to the user experience as a guest trying to view any of the content here.

I really don't buy the whole intolerant [liberals] chasing away users angle. I'm sure most of you guys remember how this site was 10 years ago. I'd argue that the message board is more friendly now. Back then you'd have prerube shouting down every new user for not using the search function and Frank D making even the most bland conversation more than a little creepy.

I miss Prerube 'Use the search function' posts.

picture.php

Just firing up a new phone.... this is what I see when I don't login

Here's a solution to that - https://github.com/bromite/bromite

also blocks ads on other websites. blocks ads on youtube. lets you play music off youtube with your screen turned off, something chrome can do but google disabled to push people to buy yt premium.

If you're a Firefox guy there's similar options there....mull, fennec etc.

Here's what it looks like logged out in Bromite in mobile mode and desktop mode:

m22tky.jpg

mprezy.jpg

There's more advanced ad blocking options but this takes care of the majority of ads right out of the box, no plug ins etc. required.

Last edited:
Serious question, would/do you really use uDisc to find new courses and plan a road trip? Aren't the reviews practically meaningless over there? :confused:

I wouldn't use it to decide which courses I wanted to play, but it is useful to get tips on current conditions once you've got a few in mind.

Latest posts