• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where have all the DGCR members gone ?

With a special rule for a lie on a moving escalator.

I'd call the escalator OB, because I'd want to design hole that play from level to level, and laying up to an escalator would be too easy.

I can also imagine how skips and rollers would come into play. 2nd and 3rd floors with a central area open to the first floor, the open area could play as an OB pond/lake.

Last edited:
I'd call the escalator OB, because I'd want to design hole that play from level to level, and laying up to an escalator would be too easy.

I can also imagine how skips and rollers would come into play. 2nd and 3rd floors with a central area open to the first floor, the open area could play as an OB pond/lake.

But if the escalator were moving away from the basket, players would rush to make their throws before their lies retreated even further!

A mall course could be pretty interesting...

Trying to wrap my head around whether (or not), a greatly reduced cost to purchase or lease a dead mall would make such a endeavor financially self sustaining. My guess is so e other potential buyer or lessors could offer the owner more $$.

I could see it being most feasible in well in a cold winter/population dense region like the north east or central midwest.

I bet it would work if that's where all the DGCR members gave gone. ;)

Last edited:
I'd love to put a course into an abandoned mall.

Hole 8 plays from the 2nd cash register at Pretzel Sam's to the top oven at Sbarro's
Northtowne it is.

There are actually multiple videos online IIRC of Toledo abandoned mall explorations.

https://www.dellwooddg.com/inparcerated

I think this is where The Blues Brothers spent some time.

^ They should open that up to the public. It looks better than 95% of the other Chicago area courses.

Seriously. :|

A buddy of mine played that tournament at least one of the years it was held. He said it was a blast playing in the old prison. I would have definitely tried to recreate parts of the opening sequence of The Blues Brothers if I'd been able to play.

Wolf, you're probably not far from the truth. We've added some good courses in the past 10 years, but Chicago dg is still defined by all those nasty niners.

5000 members was the sweet spot. 10,000 members was good. after that is was simply impossible to keep up with any conversation or remember who actually knew what they were talking about.
I have to confess that I thought prerube was an alt account for timg for the longest time...sunglasses and a full tank of gas

Last edited:

Latest posts