• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where have all the DGCR members gone ?

Advertisements geared towards women are pretty scary for dudes.

You've got me wrong. My dislike of Miller products isn't new and has nothing to do with recent advertisements. I've been using that "it's anything but Miller time" line for 20 years and it still makes me smile every time. My wife actually got me a custom can koozie years ago with that line on it.

It's my way of saying: while I agree that it's time for a cold one, I'd rather it not be an MGD.

wait what time is it

Beer thirty of course.

Weirdly enough we pick up an American rock station that has that as a segment, at some random time like 10:30.. it always seemed odd timing. I felt like that should be an afternoon bit... of course 4% might as well be the kind of thing you would drink at 10:30.

An MGD would be an American Shandy then?

When is rye o clock?

Last edited:
Probably my first post in a forum in a long time, but for me and a couple others I know, we got burned out on playing and having DG be the center of our universe for a few years; life then picked up; and haven't had time like we used to, to play. Less playing means less perusing. I still pop in to view the disc forums, but I never log in. I think also UDisc hit right at a time when the game grew because it was the new shiny advertised thing. Last year played with a group of guys caught up more in the social/sig disc buying side of things and playing with them, they all used UDisc and talked about new sig discs dropping, etc. When I played it was cool to pop into a sight that you could communicate with the pros on or see their opinions. Times and focuses change.

Probably my first post in a forum in a long time, but for me and a couple others I know, we got burned out on playing and having DG be the center of our universe for a few years; life then picked up; and haven't had time like we used to, to play. Less playing means less perusing. I still pop in to view the disc forums, but I never log in. I think also UDisc hit right at a time when the game grew because it was the new shiny advertised thing. Last year played with a group of guys caught up more in the social/sig disc buying side of things and playing with them, they all used UDisc and talked about new sig discs dropping, etc. When I played it was cool to pop into a sight that you could communicate with the pros on or see their opinions. Times and focuses change.
All of this.
I was a very active member on here for years, but since about 2016 my life has been BUSY. I still play a lot, but I don't have the time to be playing tournaments, league, for fun events, and spend hours on the forums like I used to. And of course, uDisc.

I will also say there was a time a few years ago when there was a definite cool kids club around here and if you weren't in said club, you were either ignored or outright made fun of. I.dont see it all around here anymore, which is good, but it probably drove off people.

All of this.
I was a very active member on here for years, but since about 2016 my life has been BUSY. I still play a lot, but I don't have the time to be playing tournaments, league, for fun events, and spend hours on the forums like I used to. And of course, uDisc.

I will also say there was a time a few years ago when there was a definite cool kids club around here and if you weren't in said club, you were either ignored or outright made fun of. I.dont see it all around here anymore, which is good, but it probably drove off people.

I remember those days. There is still some of that , but it is mostly in the landfill where it belongs.

This site is a great resource. Timg was a jerk to me once, only interaction I've had. Hope this place stays around. When I mention it to people they don't know what it is.

I think sometimes people equate the site dying to the FORUM not being as active.

I'm pretty sure there's a lot more people who just use the site to keep up with what courses they've played and have never even bothered checking out the forum.

Example: the user A.Lind that everyone has been super curious about considering he's the #1 or #2 bagger in the entire world apparently but he still hasn't bothered to post in the forum. I guess that would be make less mysterious and maybe that's what he's going for.

I think sometimes people equate the site dying to the FORUM not being as active.

I'm pretty sure there's a lot more people who just use the site to keep up with what courses they've played and have never even bothered checking out the forum.

Example: the user A.Lind that everyone has been super curious about considering he's the #1 or #2 bagger in the entire world apparently but he still hasn't bothered to post in the forum. I guess that would be make less mysterious and maybe that's what he's going for.

langger the hardcore mn bagger (who has me beat) tracks all courses and rarely posts on here

It's a desktop program in a phone app world.

Not DGCR's fault. There's simply no way to squeeze long quality reviews and long discussions into a phone app. But it's still an irreplaceable resource for those who care, even if there are fewer of us.

A lot of this.

Everybody got older. Social media evolved. Dgcr stayed the same.

DGCR seems like a generational place. A lot of us signed on here in our 20's/30's and are now in our 40's/50's. The world and technology and disc golf have changed a ton since 2007-2012.

From my own personal experience, the Forums section has become very clique-ish. The same handful of users generate most of the content. Why is that? Well, again from my own experience, there are a lot of keyboard cowboys on this site that are super quick to point out perceived errors or misstatements by others.

Some of this too.

The site has been around 15+ years at this point and there's only so many conversations you can have and many of them we've had many times over. There are a lot of people here in the forums who do not contribute much if at all and are only here to troll or push their personal agendas or what have you. People (me and I'm sure others) get tired of the political crap (whether you agree with it or not) , the virtue signaling, the demonizing others for having a different opinion, etc. My ignore list is at 9 but they still get quoted so it's almost impossible not to see some people's posts even if you don't want to which is frustrating. The moderation taking sides on political issues is a problem as well, they often influence discussions instead of being impartial and making sure conversations stay on track .

If someone has more posts in the watercooler than in the main forums or has contributed very little to nothing to the DGCR review side I usually don't think very highly of them or reply much to them.

Feel free to disagree with me.

A lot of this.

DGCR seems like a generational place. A lot of us signed on here in our 20's/30's and are now in our 40's/50's. The world and technology and disc golf have changed a ton since 2007-2012.

Some of this too.

The site has been around 15+ years at this point and there's only so many conversations you can have and many of them we've had many times over. There are a lot of people here in the forums who do not contribute much if at all and are only here to troll or push their personal agendas or what have you. People (me and I'm sure others) get tired of the political crap (whether you agree with it or not) , the virtue signaling, the demonizing others for having a different opinion, etc. My ignore list is at 9 but they still get quoted so it's almost impossible not to see some people's posts even if you don't want to which is frustrating. The moderation taking sides on political issues is a problem as well, they often influence discussions instead of being impartial and making sure conversations stay on track .

If someone has more posts in the watercooler than in the main forums or has contributed very little to nothing to the DGCR review side I usually don't think very highly of them or reply much to them.

Feel free to disagree with me.

Cellphones killed the desktop star. :|