• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where to disc golf in San Antonio

The otto

Hello all, I will be traveling to San Antonio tomorrow and will have some time for a round or two. I am coming from MD, so I am used to significant elevation change, good length, and challenging yet rewarding hole layouts. Any course suggestions are appreciated. I would also be interested in getting down with a local league night or a casual round with some local players. I will be available starting at 4PM tomorrow and 5:30PM on Wednesday. Thanks in advance and happy golfing!

Will

There will be a SADC mini at McClain tomorrow ( Wed.) I believe. 5:40 sign up. The only courses that will meet your criteria in SA will be McClain, Universal City, Pearsall and Live Oak. Austin has much longer and tougher courses.

McClain

If I could only play one course in SA, I always hit McClain. You'll like it, but be prepared for heat and thorns. If you REALLY like both heat and thorns, come down to Laredo and give me a shout.

If you hit McClain, have bug spray handy. We've had a good bit of rain the last two weeks. The skeeters are probably just about strong enough to carry small children away by now. :\

I think i'll hit McClain tomorrow after im done with work. Whats the entry fee and structure for the event?

Not real sure. I usually don't do any SADC events due to schedule conflicts. IIRC it should be single and 12-15 clams. If they post a note on FB, I'll pass it along here.