• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which basket would you like to see at a course?

What basket would you like to see at your course

• Total voters
:gross: My home course aka Mason Sports Park has DISCatchers so i am pretty used to them. Sorry i just have to add this::gross::gross::gross: It seems to funny.

my home course does too, so when i go other places it makes it more difficult for me to find the basket.

my home course does too, so when i go other places it makes it more difficult for me to find the basket.

One thing to help this, that I don't think is done all that often, is to paint the chain holders and the basket in a bright color. DGA will do this for you in the factory as part of your order, but I'm sure there are dozens of places that will do this for baskets you already have. You just have to know the right people.

none of the above

Not at all affordable but Tom Holsten baskets are the best baskets in the world. Meticulously handmade by Tom. Each one is unique and an absolute work of art. Probably cost about $1500 ea. Come to "The Big Freeze" at Dretzka Park in Milwaukee, Jan. 30-31 to see for yourself. There was a Holsten basket raffled off at the Am Worlds in 2007 and Sandy Point resort has one as well.

Last edited:
way overpriced! though the baskets are cool they are not course worthy. plus with the added price $1000!!!!! its just not reasonable. for 1 holsten basket you can have 4-5 of any other basket.
any way see you at the big freeze

Yea but if you already have all the baskets you need it's a great topper. Vallarta Ast brings in over 40k ( as stated on the clash three DVD) from pay to play. So 1500 doesn't sound so pricey in that case

way overpriced! though the baskets are cool they are not course worthy. plus with the added price $1000!!!!! its just not reasonable. for 1 holsten basket you can have 4-5 of any other basket.
any way see you at the big freeze
The only reason most Holsten baskets aren't course worthy is because they would be a big target for theft and probably not tourny legal but they catch very nicely from my limited experience throwing at them. I also disagree with them being overpriced because of the huge time investment and care put into each ART piece. The Zinc Ultracoat plating alone probably costs more than some recreational baskets altogether. You are right about them being unreasonable for a course though as 10 or 19 baskets would be a huge cost and probably take Tom years to build.

my first thought was that if you are adding holes to an existing course you should get whatever matches what they currently have in order to keep the flow of the course. If you are replacing all of the baskets, my vote is for the Discatchers followed closely by the Mach III's.

You can't go wrong with either one.

I voted Innova Pro DISCatcher but maybe they should match if what is in place is a good basket.

art is nice and all especially when functioning. but hell for $1500 I can have 1 of each of the most common baskets.

anything without the yellow belt staring me in the face and yelling..."you will miss this putt you jackass."

Latest posts