• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Which Blizzard?

That disc would suck so hard, it would create a black hole and swallow the universe.

Yeah but it would still be kinda fun to play with a 120g speed 13 disc! Just as long as the expectations were very low. How bad would it suck if the next distance record was set with a blizzard groove?:p

yeah, i wouldn't throw the light Blizzard. But I get a lot of use out of a 158 Blizz Ape. You want very overstable because they are so light you can turn one over easy.

I'm leaning towards the boss. A quick question, how do you get a disc once it is floating? Do you need one of the golden retriever things?

I usually wait for the wind to push it to the shore. This works about 8 out of 10 times in the lakes at my local course.

I've thrown blizzard plastic a few times but was mostly disappointing.The destroyer was decently stable disc but it was 150g. I also own a 134g blizzard wraith and that thing is so understable it's only usable as a thumber. I think there's a lot to be said about the higher weight blizzards. The only blizzard disc that is true to its flight numbers in the lower weights(130g-140g) is the boss IMO.

I'm either looking at getting a boss or a krait. However, it's very possible that I'll go to dynamic discs and some other shiny disc will catch my eye and end up in my bag.

My question is which blizzard disc should I get? I'm thinking of getting it super light so it floats.

IMO it really depends on your experience & how for far you throw. For me & my Noodle arm a 132 Katana rocks, but i can see how someone with more power would'nt like it! A Boss just under 140gms would prob'ly work since they are still overstable. I have some light 130ish Destroyers which are overstable, but prefer my 160gm as it will go farther in a headwind. The Tee Devil is still somewhat overstable, but i have a lighter one with a lot of bubbles on the rim & got a big dent just from landing in grass/dirt! I have a new Blizz Krait & DD2 which i'm going to try tomorrow. BTW, I'm curious, does anyone know if the DD2 looks anything like the Dominator?

ordered from disc golf center and just got mine in the mail last night.

i've seen all the floater discs float and they each had a different level of floating meaning that some barely floated like the lightning #3 slice, and some sat on top of the water like a fishing bob like the wahoo.

as soon as i got my 134 blizzard boss i tossed it in the sink. i'd say it floated better than a dragon, almost as good as the wahoo. floats perfectly and as long as it flies better than a dragon, which wont be hard, this is my new floater disc.

i wont have a chance to throw it until maybe sunday though.

attachment.php

Attachments

• BB.jpg
    BB.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 58
OH man I really love my pre wiggins boss /end sarcasm. Do yourself a favor and get a dragon if you want a floater.

The best blizzard disc is the wraith.

The best blizzard disc is the wraith because the wraith gives optimal distance and allows you to make insane curves. I am a huge Wraith fan and i carry 4 wraiths in my bag, i would personally recommend the blizzard wraith.

I ended up getting a 130 boss. I only got to throw it a couple times during my round, but wow. I was getting it way out there, even when I threw it nose up.