• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which DGCR member has played the most courses?

filobedo

Double Eagle Member
Going through some threads I have noticed some members profiles reflect they have played >500 courses and some appear to have done it in a short amount of time since starting to play (some were playing <3 years). Just curious if anyone knows the member with the most course count. Also, how are you playing large amounts of courses in a short amount of time with family obligations, girlfriends/boyfriends/spouses, school, work, weather, etc. I know certain areas of the country such as the Midwest (e.g., Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota) have numerous courses but it took me 7 years to play 100 courses and I travel throughout the US consistently for work. Just interested, thank you for the feedback.

Thanks for the information on Mashnut. His/Her profile has a spreadsheet reflects 14 members who have played and reviewed numerous courses.

The Top 50. Note, some of us seriously dispute the total of the guy at #1. You can read about it here.

1. Teh_Wood CA, United States 2152
  2. Martin Dewgarita Alden, MN 1041
  3. danhyzer Canton, OH 1 1000
  4. erickmj Lino Lakes, MN 781
  5. mashnut Temecula, CA 686
  6. sunshay Lino Lakes, MN 623
  7. Deke Guff Ft. Lauderdale, FL 607
  8. larry kirk Atwater, CA 588
  9. tallpaul Appleton, WI 579
  10. harr0140 Wauwatosa, WI 548
  11. Cgkdisc Inver Grove Heights, MN 538
  12. cefire Bozeman, MT 536
  13. jbrock Houston, TX 502
  14. The Valkyrie Kid Puyallup, WA 481
  15. Doktor John Kalaheo, HI 409
  16. Shuie Oconto, WI 405
  17. DaKineSurfer32 Pasadena, CA 394
  18. SteveP454 390
  19. SheilaT 379
  20. gottafixit Vienna, VA 378
  21. lion Moreno Valley, CA 368
  22. Avery Jenkins Santa Cruz, CA 356
  23. don6494 Plymouth, MN 353
  24. whitechocolate Chicago, IL 344
  25. Survivor Lubbock, TX 335
  26. Dave242 Lake Forest, IL 332
  27. kily Dayton, OH 329
  28. PErickson Roseville, MN 310
  29. GoodDriveBadPutt Riverside, IL 310
  30. coolbrees15 Circle Pines, MN 300
  31. #19325 Round Lake Beach, IL 297
  32. hognosesucker Urbana, IL 294
  33. Goon13 289
  34. slorunr Circle Pines, MN 288
  35. P-Katt Lubbock, TX 287
  36. swatso Ellicott City, MD 287
  37. brattenj Smyrna, TN 286
  38. Gflap Lake St Louis, MO 281
  39. Luke@DiscTrips Denver, CO 279
  40. bjflash Knoxville, AR 276
  41. Olorin Garner, NC 274
  42. Underdog Chicago, IL 273
  43. scarpfish Hutchinson, KS 271
  44. Elevated Greens Schaumburg, IL 271
  45. filmwalrus Saint Louis, MO 268
  46. discNDav Philadelphia, Pa, NJ 267
  47. Loomis Mission, KS 265
  48. SuperPretzel Seattle, WA 265
  49. HB553 Bg, KY 265
  50. JStrifler Brownsburg, IN 244

Thanks for sorting the information tbird 888. I would have thought touring pros would have the most course counts because they travel and play for a living.

The Top 50. Note, some of us seriously dispute the total of the guy at #1. You can read about it here.

DGCR is skeptical about something that seems like an enormous accomplishment? No way!

Thanks for sorting the information tbird 888. I would have thought touring pros would have the most course counts because they travel and play for a living.

I don't think any of the pros have filled out their information so one of them could possibly be #1.

The only one touring pro I recognized was Avery Jenkins with 356 played.

Last edited:
DGCR is skeptical about something that seems like an enormous accomplishment? No way!

Read the thread and you'll see why we are skeptical. Unlike a lot of the tin foil hat BS that surrounded the world record thread, there's a lot of evidence to suggest Teh_Wood simply went through the directory and started clicking off courses.

I would have thought touring pros would have the most course counts because they travel and play for a living.
Touring pros travel and play at the courses where tournaments are held. They generally don't bother with hitting out of the way 9 hole pitch and putts except for the ones in their back yards.

Read the thread and you'll see why we are skeptical. Unlike a lot of the tin foil hat BS that surrounded the world record thread, there's a lot of evidence to suggest Teh_Wood simply went through the directory and started clicking off courses.
I've read the thread. While I have my own opinion, the DGCR mob is never accepting of anything. The world record, the Physical Flight Contender, Prodigy, etc.

Last edited:

Yeah. I'm sure in 20 years of playing he has remembered every course. Do u remember every restaurant u have eaten at in the past 20 years.

Innovadude.

Yeah, Ben's played over a 1000 courses, but just hasn't felt like completely updating his played list. I think he keeps his persoanl played list on his own or some other way.

I did not mean for this thread to turn into something negative towards a member. The restaurant analagy is true though. I generally remember good and bad restaurants where I live and travel and but not really the average restaurants just like I remember good and bad courses but not really the average ones.

Touring pros travel and play at the courses where tournaments are held. They generally don't bother with hitting out of the way 9 hole pitch and putts except for the ones in their back yards.

I think (for no reason) Teh Wood has played the most courses but failed at listing them correctly on here.

I agree about the touring pro. They probably mostly the same courses every year following the money. When they are in town, they play the local mini and practice the course they are going to compete at. I'm guessing some of they have a huge list of courses they have practiced at, but never acctually played.

Just a few years ago, there was a big deal made about Ben Calhoun's quest to get to 1000 courses played and how he was racing Gregg Hosfeld to the number. I think they hit 1000 together in the same round at the same course. I find it hard to believe that there could be all that fanfare then, and now a few years later someone is claiming twice as many? I don't really want to take the time to wade through that other thread. Did he give a reason why he didn't speak up when Ben and Gregg were in pursuit of 1000 and say "hey, been there, done that"?

Just a few years ago, there was a big deal made about Ben Calhoun's quest to get to 1000 courses played and how he was racing Gregg Hosfeld to the number. I think they hit 1000 together in the same round at the same course. I find it hard to believe that there could be all that fanfare then, and now a few years later someone is claiming twice as many? I don't really want to take the time to wade through that other thread. Did he give a reason why he didn't speak up when Ben and Gregg were in pursuit of 1000 and say "hey, been there, done that"?

I think the guy just plays golf to play golf. I don't think he ever though twice. The story in the thread is he posted something about being on courese 2k something on his facebook and somebody else told him it was a big deal. He was then asked to make a "played" list on here and it looked really fishy. Too many private courses and courses that had only been in the ground a few months all over the country. Many courses that he is the only that has them listed as played.

When I looked at his map, his DFW played didn't make sense. He hadn't played some of the older popular courses that a guy trying to play cash minis would deffinatly hit up, and some of the more recent courses listed meaning he had to have come though in the last year or so.

When I looked at his map, his DFW played didn't make sense. He hadn't played some of the older popular courses that a guy trying to play cash minis would deffinatly hit up, and some of the more recent courses listed meaning he had to have come though in the last year or so.

That's what caught me too. Just looking at his list of courses around here (Maine), some are older, some are newer so either he's made multiple trips through or he made one massive trip through the state within the last two years. I work at one of the courses, so chances are if he's played here, I met him. I've had people traveling through on disc road trips say so when they come into the pro shop.

I put Ben up for a couple days in my spare bedroom when he came through the area. The guy who's claim to fame is playing in all 50 states (whose name escapes me at the moment) has been here twice. Since we're close to a major truck stop/depot, I've gotten a few truck drivers from around the country (MN, TN, TX) who walk over to play when they've got a long layover waiting for a load to pick up. Usually, when there are unusual circumstances that brings someone to town or even if it's just someone who's played a bunch of courses, they like to mention it.

Latest posts