• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which DGCR member has played the most courses?

Thanks for sorting the information tbird 888. I would have thought touring pros would have the most course counts because they travel and play for a living.

No, because they only play in the best courses. You are not going to see them collecting 1 and 2 star rated courses.

I think I'm at 60ish DGCR members. I need to update my list, wherever it is on the forums.

Yeah, Ben's played over a 1000 courses, but just hasn't felt like completely updating his played list. I think he keeps his persoanl played list on his own or some other way.

.....and he played about 700 in one year, in his race for 1000. I'll bet it's the one-year record.

I did not mean for this thread to turn into something negative towards a member. The restaurant analagy is true though. I generally remember good and bad restaurants where I live and travel and but not really the average restaurants just like I remember good and bad courses but not really the average ones.

There's more to the skepticism than just his memory. Ultimately there's no proof of any of the claims, but the other contenders have accumulated their lists fairly publicly, with a lof of other disc golfers meeting them along the way, so they're perhaps more credible. Of the 4 players just over 1000, I remember 3 of them visiting here and discussing their travels and I'm inclined to believe them.

Not "follow"....3 of the 4 visited here and I played with them. Yourself, Ben, & Gregg. With you I discussed your travels. Ben and Gregg both visited during their quest for 1000, and we talked about that.

Danhyzer hasn't visited Stoney Hill yet.

We're still a bit mystified over Mr. 2000's claim to have played here.

Teh_Woods should just post a picture of himself. I bet that would help alot of people remember him.

I'm not doubting his "2000+" courses, I am doubting his definition of a course.

also, on his memory accounting....think about some his comments about being "blazed" or "hungover", his memory could easily be a bit shoddy. I have only played a little over 100 and I have a hard time remembering quite a few...but those are the ones that sucked so they were not worth remembering.

Teh_Woods should just post a picture of himself. I bet that would help alot of people remember him.

I'm not doubting his "2000+" courses, I am doubting his definition of a course.

also, on his memory accounting....think about some his comments about being "blazed" or "hungover", his memory could easily be a bit shoddy. I have only played a little over 100 and I have a hard time remembering quite a few...but those are the ones that sucked so they were not worth remembering.

The picture isn't a bad idea....but the thing is, he apparently doesn't care whether people believe him. He didn't start the thread on his 2152 courses. So if he doesn't care whether people believe him, and many of us don't believe him, then everyone's happy.

For myself, my jealousy goes to the 4 1000+ claimants.

Anyway, Hosfeld's profile is a good reminder that the number of courses checked off by DGCR isn't the same things as the number of courses played. Some may not be diligent about checking them off, and of course there are extinct and temporary courses and perhaps a few forgotten ones. My modest profile is probably a dozen short of my actual courses-played list.

The only one touring pro I recognized was Avery Jenkins with 356 played.

Avery recently posted on facebook or somewhere that he is over 400 played now . . . I dont think he is using DGCR to track courses anymore

Anyway, Hosfeld's profile is a good reminder that the number of courses checked off by DGCR isn't the same things as the number of courses played. Some may not be diligent about checking them off, and of course there are extinct and temporary courses and perhaps a few forgotten ones. My modest profile is probably a dozen short of my actual courses-played list.

i just wanted to keep track until I got to 100....but after seeing the 200 mark has so few I am going to strive for it. So I try to keep updated cause its alot harder to remember and keep track of the privates that are not listed on here. Would be cool if there was a way to list privates on here without giving an inkling of location away....as in not even town....just the ability to send a PM to the owner.

I've got 538 listed on here which is close to the number of courses played that are actually listed on DGCR. However, I'm closer to 600 played with most of the difference being courses that were temp courses for events or ones that had been pulled before DGCR started.

Latest posts