• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Which driver do you pair with Eagle/Teebird?

It's a old thread but TB/PD/DD for me. All in Star/S-line, plus few OS teebirds in glow champion. DDs rarely get air time 'cos my old PDs are sneaky long ��

I also cycle them so I mostly have US Teebird, couple of straight ones and OS. Nowaday 750 F1 is in the "OS-teebird" slot most of the time. Same with PDs and 1 or 2 DDs in the bag depending on the cource/wind etc

I throw eagles, and I bag a sidewinder for rollers and a FB for FB things. Then I jump up to a star wraith cycle.

11x climo teebird
color glow teebird3
star teebird
star orc
halo star wraith

orc is massively underrated

Eagle + Wraith + Corvette

Wraith just kicked Trace out of my back so hard, so fast. I'm not sure I completely released the first Wraith throw in the field test before the Trace started rolling toward the gutter.

When I committed to PD's I mostly found my Teebirds to have too much overlap. They're shorter, but not by all that much. And the flight path is super similar. I think it's better to have a more workable and slow "fairway" driver if you're leaning heavily on a stable/overstable speed 9/10.

So I would be on team Eagle/PD, but really I prefer something slightly slower to have a better distance gap to the PD slot. I go Stalker/PD for my main bag.

So it's widely renowned that Eagles and Teebirds take two different lines to do the same job- Teebirds for straight to fade and Eagles for more turn and more fade.

Am I the only one that thinks this statement is wrong. Teebirds and Eagle L's have about the same flight to me where they get a little turn and a little fade and the Eagle X is that straight to fade.

I personally throw the Eagle-X and Eagle-L and pair them with firebirds and destroyers. Now I have a champ firebird that has about a -2 for turn so I can shape a lot of shots with it but before I got it beat in to that level the disc I used was the PD. That thing can hold some amazing lines.

When I committed to PD's I mostly found my Teebirds to have too much overlap. They're shorter, but not by all that much. And the flight path is super similar. I think it's better to have a more workable and slow "fairway" driver if you're leaning heavily on a stable/overstable speed 9/10.

So I would be on team Eagle/PD, but really I prefer something slightly slower to have a better distance gap to the PD slot. I go Stalker/PD for my main bag.

FD/PD here. I have a good supply of each including a couple of the more stable FD runs.

Am I the only one that thinks this statement is wrong. Teebirds and Eagle L's have about the same flight to me where they get a little turn and a little fade and the Eagle X is that straight to fade.

I personally throw the Eagle-X and Eagle-L and pair them with firebirds and destroyers. Now I have a champ firebird that has about a -2 for turn so I can shape a lot of shots with it but before I got it beat in to that level the disc I used was the PD. That thing can hold some amazing lines.

I think the Eagle's HST has always been exaggerated. A fresh Eagle is pretty damn high-speed stable. Eagle-X and Teebird are more alike than most people think. But I do think they break in differently. I think Eagles tend to start turning more as they beat in, but they maintain the fade for longer. Teebirds tend to lose the fade and get straighter as they beat in, until they're thrashed.

I was an Eagle guy from 2001-2008 or so, and a Teebird/Rival guy after that. I still break out the old DX Eagles every once in a while but that's it.

But I do think they break in differently. I think Eagles tend to start turning more as they beat in, but they maintain the fade for longer. Teebirds tend to lose the fade and get straighter as they beat in, until they're thrashed.

This was the "common knowledge" I was referencing when I created this thread nearly 4 years ago. I've since thrown an Eagle and a couple more Teebirds. A new Eagle is definitely more like a "baby Firebird" than a new Teebird. Much more turn-resistant on a forehand. But not as much so as a first-run Spark. That is the disc that I finally found to be the best "baby Firebird" of anything I could get my hands on, and I've since acquired 4 of them. Teebirds sure are nice for my kinda weak backhand, though.

Ok is spark a typo/autocorrect? Not up on innova but that's not something I recognize

Eagle and Teebird especially DX pair well, slightly different and power level dependant. Toss a leopard and firebird in to bookend and that's your quintessential innova bag.

Ok is spark a typo/autocorrect? Not up on innova but that's not something I recognize

Eagle and Teebird especially DX pair well, slightly different and power level dependant. Toss a leopard and firebird in to bookend and that's your quintessential innova bag.

Spark is Lat64 Banshee type disc which is beefier Teebird, so kind of slower shorter Firebird. I have Eagle X and L, the X is also slower FB type disc but not the same at all. Didn't know what to do with the X for longest time, but now I have found a use for it. Don't throw Teebirds anymore though.

I'm throwing a beefy Color Glow Teebird for straight to fade / hyzer shots and I compliment it with a SOLF that can shape more lines. The inverse of this pairing would also work, Star Eagle and C-PD, but good luck finding either of those discs.

I'm throwing a beefy Color Glow Teebird for straight to fade / hyzer shots and I compliment it with a SOLF that can shape more lines. The inverse of this pairing would also work, Star Eagle and C-PD, but good luck finding either of those discs.

I have a freakishly os glow teebird that pairs really well with OLF's. Sometimes I just go firebird for that straight to fade complement, which is nice because it has the same wing as the OLF

I have a freakishly os glow teebird that pairs really well with OLF's. Sometimes I just go firebird for that straight to fade complement, which is nice because it has the same wing as the OLF

I have a QOLF that flies likes beefy Teebird, so I could probably just go Orion LF + JLS (which I've done in the past). Either way I always keep a Firebird or two for Firebird things.

Funny looking back at this thread and seeing a post of mine from 2017… Not much has changed really. The Teebird is a one of a kind disc. I've been throwing them for over a decade at this point and they are irreplaceable in my bag. For me, the Roc and the Teebird go hand in hand. Both are very resistant to high speed turn and lose LSS as they wear in before beginning to turn over. The only thing I haven't figured out is how to throw a roc FH, something about the rim doesn't jive with me. This is where the Teebird shines. The HSS and relative neutral flight makes it an amazing forehand disc for beginners and the more advanced player.

For my arm speed (pushing out to 390-410 max) the Raider pairs very will with it as a high speed driver. It does have a tiny bit of flip up/turn when thrown very hard but it really likes to push forward and hold the line you put it on before having a nice forward penetrating fade. Amazing sidearm and backhand disc as well. Even though it is 13 speed it somehow feels better in the hand than many other smaller rim drivers as well.

There is no control driver out there that is really necessary to pair with it unless you are throwing 450+. I have thrown Thunderbirds, Pd's, and many other molds that fit into that category and they all go pretty much the same distance as a Teebird, sometimes even shorter.

Roc's - 250-325
Teebird - 300-375
Raider - 350+

Latest posts