• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which Driver Should I use?

All the time when me and my family are going to play a round of discgolf I seem to always chose the right discs for my mom coz she don´t know how they all work.Recently I gave her a Champion Sidewinder in 150g to throw with and she gave it a go and it probably gave her around 25 extra ft to her normal 100ft throw.

For beginners are putters,mids and low weight drivers always the discs to start with.Keep your throwing form simple in the beginning and then build it up as you get better and better.
Also try to put some anhyzer angle into the throws so they will glide a bit longer then thrown straight.

Good for you for taking up the game. It is a great fun way to get exercise. I wore a pedometer and played around of disc golf and at the end of the round, I had walked around 3.5 miles. Obviously that distance will vary course to course and how straight you throw, but keep it up and those 50 lbs will shrink away. I defer to the other members about the disc recommendations, but I encourage and applaud you for starting the game!
Disc golf is more fun than a treadmill at the gym.