• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

which is longer Pig or Zone?

MrGlass01

* Ace Member *
I have been throwing for a pig for two seasons now and I like this disc a lot. i have been trying more discraft recently and was wondering if the pig or zone is farther? i know they are similar just curious if the zone could get a lil more d that would be great as i love esp plastic.

i picked up a zone and it reminded me of the discraft mids i carry so the grip is framiliar. I have the pig and I am using it more as i get more power and snap. i wanted to give the zone a try.

thanks for the flight chart.

In my mind the only difference between a pig and zone for you will be how comfortable it feels in your hands. The Pig feels a little better in the pro and rpro plastics, and with the little thumbtrac...but if I get a good rip the Zone is going just as far.

\/\/

I'm an innova fan but I throw a bit of discraft....the Zone is a GREAT disc. the pig was very inconsistent for me and it would like to always roll and bounce around. as for distance i believe an esp zone would go a lot further than a pro pig---but they are stable low profile putters, how far do you really need to throw them?
* also have a $389 flick ace with a zone, maybe that's why I'm partial *

Last edited:
My wife uses her zone off the tee for 180' or so holes and it is a very straight disc for her...she has a ton of spin though.

My wife uses her zone off the tee for 180' or so holes and it is a very straight disc for her...she has a ton of spin though.

ESP or Pro-D?

I'm thinking of trying one myself but unsure which is the better plastic to go with. Of course ESP is more durable but is it the better option for this mold?

How does if feel and fly compared to a Rhyno?

IMO, the Zone is more overstable than a rhyno.

I have a d-Zone and esp-Zone. They both fly about the same for me. However the esp zone has a gash and the d-zone does not(and i use the d-zone for putting so that one should be more beat up)

I have also heard of some esp zone's flight plates dome up or down after while....I haven't experienced that as I only throw the zone as a driver on a few holes at my home course.

I'm switching over from SE Rhyno to R-Pro Pig after this weekend. I've used the Rhyno for years, but the rim of the Pig is perfect for me, and the R-Pro plastic is super-tacky. My putting has been weaker and weaker, but a few holes with the Pig and didn't miss out to 50' or so, and a couple long upshots sat right under the basket, so I'm sold.

Latest posts