• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which one do I choose, Stalker, River, or Teebird

If you are trying to get people to listen to you because of your gear and place more value on THAT than using the equipment that best suites your needs you are, by definition, a poser.
:)

I'm not hating, but keep that in mind.

I love a good dye, too, but I won't let looks stand in the way of performance.

How long ago was that dig up from? I do not even know the full context from what I originally responded to. However, I can put it this way, I prefer dyed discs because I actually think they perform better. I think it is two fold. First, dyed discs create a psychological need to play better in some players, almost like you need to live up to the standards of being allowed to throw dyed discs. This is not true in most players but it is enough where I can swallow this placebo. Secondly, I truly believe that a dyed disc has slightly better grip. I cannot back this up scientifically but I think that a professionally dyed disc either slightly changes the molecular make up of the plastic or adds some incredibly thin layer of chemicals that makes the disc slightly easier to grip. I really notice this in Champion plastics and to a lesser extent in Star.

That is why I purchase so many discs. I usually try an x-out first, or a production run if I have no other choice, and then buy a second if I really like it. If it gets to the point where I know it is going into my bag, I will definitely try to find it in a dye. This makes me try to throw it even better because I now have something to show off and something to prove.

I actually forgot about this thread. Ended up trying them all and now the river is the only one with a permenant place in my bag. And for the record dyed plastic does fly better, but off the record dyed plastic still flies better.

Last edited:
Proof

I actually forgot about this thread. Ended up trying them all and now the river is the only one with a permenant place in my bag. And for the record dyed plastic does fly better, but off the record dyed plastic still flies better.

I have several cool dyed discs. But I want proof and video that they fly better. What does everyone on this site say? Dyed discs fly better. PROVE it. They look cool, but come on, fly better?? I call BS. Be honest. You aren't selling ED Meds. What makes you any different than the other lying SOB's selling shiiiite on TV? I want facts!

I own a 170 DX teebird, 170 sttar teebird, 171 Z stalker, and 165 GL river.

The DX teebird was REALLY nice at first, no high speed turn, tuns of glide and a moderate fade. It broke in to be completly straight, but then shortly after became a turnover machine. the 170 star was similar to the 170 DX, no turnover (although you can turn it over by OAT monstering it pretty bad, which i do sometimes), decent glide and a moderate fade. I haven't had it long enough for it's flight to change, but i've lost both the DX and star. I'll definatly be replacing the star if i can't find it in the spring.

The stalker for me flies very similar to the teebird, straight with just the slightest turn and a moderate fade. it was a bit easier to turn over with OAT then the teebird though.has good glide, i think the star teebird and stalker were about equal in that aspect.

My 165 GL river is a great disc. It has the most glide I've ever seen in a driver, and is easy to turn it over. I think its a bit more sensitive that the teebird and stalker, but even if you screw up the angle it'll still go far cuz of its mad glide. Mine has enough stability to turn over a bit and have a small fade. It'll be a really great turnover driver once it breaks in a bit.

How these discs flew is for about a 300-320ish toss, with a very light tailwind/no wind if i remember correctly. I think i might have the OAT, because i can tell when i really brun one over when it's not supposed to. I would recomend to the OP to get a 170ish Teebird, and a lighter River, (I dunno about opto or GL) as they compliment each other pretty well.

I have all three.

A Z Stalker will be the best disc on the first day you get it. It goes straight. Easy to control out of the box.

A River (I have a GL) flies like a long Leopard for me. It needs a little more (understable) room than the Stalker, but it will go farther. It's the least dependable in the wind.

A star Teebird will be the most overstable on day one, but after you beat it in... it will be your favorite driver. Get one in the mid 160s in weight, throw it a few hundred times and you will never play another round without one. It will fly well in any wind.

If I were to give up two of the molds, I'd keep my Teebirds.

I have several cool dyed discs. But I want proof and video that they fly better. What does everyone on this site say? Dyed discs fly better. PROVE it. They look cool, but come on, fly better?? I call BS. Be honest. You aren't selling ED Meds. What makes you any different than the other lying SOB's selling shiiiite on TV? I want facts!

Then I want proof of aliens, bigfoot, the moon landing, and anything else that might be up for opinion. Come on now, you have to know when people just enjoying their hobby. We all know that its not the disc that makes you better, but the disc golfer. All disc dyers like is to be able to say look I can do something you can't. Its all hype and we know, don't get bent out of shape because we like to promote our interest. I mean come on, it's not like I'm tell you that a dyed disc is going to make better, just an opinion.

Anytime post use the terms: better, best, believe, think, probably, often, no one, everyone, always, usually, seems, may, could, feel, good, wonderful, beautiful, bad, worse, worst, terrible, more, most, less, least, greatest, and other similiar words all signal opinion. If any post includes these words they are by definition opinions and not facts.

Facts would be Innova, Discraft, and Gateway make putters. Therefore people can give opinions stated as facts, only opinions stated as opinions. It is up to the reader to be able to decifer the difference. That what makes politician so effective.

I've never been able to get a Teebird to fly the in a way that comes close to being the be all and end all fairway driver.

I feel this way exactly - I tried many teebirds... heavy or light champ, star.. just never did it for me. The Stalker was in and out of my bag in less than a month, too flippy for me and too shallow of a rim for my big hands. And then, Lat64 released the River!!! I have a couple in GL and love this disc, amazing glide, dead straight with a little fade at the end, love this disc!! Great for moderate wind (tail/head) and those high elevation shots, watch it gliiiiiiiiide

No love for the striker? I have a first run opto(snowflake imprint in top) that is like my beat TeeBird. Except longer.

I've tried the Teebird again since my first post and I've also tried the River with less than appealing results and to date, the Stalker is the straightest driver in my bag...almost like it's on a string. I'm not saying that the Teebird or River are bad discs, I'm just saying that they weren't right for me. The GL plastic is amazing. I could go on and on about the look and feel of it. If my Stalkers were made in this plastic, I'd be a happy camper.

I've thrown the Stalker and TB for long periods of time. They're nearly identical in terms of shot selection and distance except the TB is longer, and a lil more versatile.

But I prefer the Stalker. It's a one trick pony but it excels at it's trick. Long, Low, and Straight line-drive type shots.