• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which other disc golf forums do you frequent?

Might be a good idea for TimG to add in Disc/Equipment Reviews. Could do better than DGR by having it in a format similar to the course reviews.

That's pretty much how we use the "Equipment" forum here, and having a review section where we rate discs would almost certainly cause a Roc/Buzzz flame war. :rolleyes:

I use DGR from time to time for the info and disc reviews but this is the only one I yap so much at.

Might be a good idea for TimG to add in Disc/Equipment Reviews. Could do better than DGR by having it in a format similar to the course reviews.

That wouldn't be a bad idea at all. The review system at DGR is kinda bunk and it all depends on blake having time to enter in the latest reviews submitted. That and the last time it was seriously updated was 2006!!

That's pretty much how we use the "Equipment" forum here, and having a review section where we rate discs would almost certainly cause a Roc/Buzzz flame war. :rolleyes:

Maybe if each disc had it's own thread in a sticky/alpaha format. Then you could browse through and review what you want. If a thread turns into a bash fest delete it. Keep it for straight up reviews.

Maybe if each disc had it's own thread in a sticky/alpaha format. Then you could browse through and review what you want. If a thread turns into a bash fest delete it. Keep it for straight up reviews.

I would almost just sticky one thread, like he did with the Marketplace where it links to the browser, but link to the disc reviews, then select the disc you want to review exactly the way you would a course.

If you make it Thread like reveiws, there would be debating and probably hijacking as we all like to get off course, but do it just like the course reviews; Pics, info (HSS,LSS,Glide,Speed) then have the reviews where people can vote helpful or not, that would eliminate the haters reviews as they would get discredited.

I think that would also alleviate trying to search for a thread about a disc which became a dead topic or having to post a new thread about a disc again.

I would almost just sticky one thread, like he did with the Marketplace where it links to the browser, but link to the disc reviews, then select the disc you want to review exactly the way you would a course.

If you make it Thread like reveiws, there would be debating and probably hijacking as we all like to get off course, but do it just like the course reviews; Pics, info (HSS,LSS,Glide,Speed) then have the reviews where people can vote helpful or not, that would eliminate the haters reviews as they would get discredited.

I think that would also alleviate trying to search for a thread about a disc which became a dead topic or having to post a new thread about a disc again.

But then one thread would have reviews for a few hundred different discs? Or am I not understanding how you'd do it?

But then one thread would have reviews for a few hundred different discs? Or am I not understanding how you'd do it?

No, the one thread in the Equipment sub-forum would have a link to the Equipment review page, which then would be like the course directory, only for discs, baskets, etc.

I think that is a great idea. We have so many people asking about certin discs, and this way we could write a long review about the discs we like

form a club

Sadly local forums often seem to have almost no activity on them. IN Flagstaff we have a really active dg scene, Sadly our only local forum is yahoo chat which is a joke. I wouldn't mind getting a board up and running but I imagine it will look like most local boards with very little activity.

form a club on here and then you can have a forum through this site.

I've been a DGR member for over 3 years, just joined here recently. I like to frequent both, definitely different vibes.

Athens Disc Glof Club site, Atlanta Disc Golf Organization, PDGA, and here.

Sounds good. I'm ready to review my entire bag. Hopefully people find them more useful than my course reviews!

Same here. I put a thread in the suggestions forum but dont know how hard it would be to do, but you never know.