• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which UDisc Scoring Method do you use most?

What UDisc Scoring Methods Do You Use?

• No Tracking

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • Scores Only

Votes: 34 58.6%
  • Full Stats

Votes: 18 31.0%
  • Track after Each Throw

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Map Scoring

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters
For casual rounds or any round involving libations and recreation I usually just keep a mental track of my score and the card. I use Udisc for solo practice rounds and will keep score & C1X, if playing league or doubles I use score only.

If I'm playing a solo round I'll use the map tracking usually. If I'm playing with a group I'll keep track of the distances in my head and then do full stats after I finish out the round. I definitely LOVE the map tracking. Being able to just zoom and peck and get it recorded is awesome. One of my biggest pet peeves with UDisc for a long time was the way that it recorded all 11-22 foot putts as 16 footers, all 22-33 as 27 footers, etc. If my finger peck misses the appropriate distance I'll undo-redo to get the right distance input. I really love getting accurate distances on putts into my record.

I do full stats for myself for every round I play. If I am just playing with one other person I will do full stats for them but I generally just do full stats for myself and scores for everybody else.

Is anybody actually getting usable data out of the map mode. I tried it for a few weeks but it seemed kinda useless. There wasn't a way to compile the data and get something useful out of it. Plus if the baskets aren't in the correct positions then I think you were kinda screwed. Maybe I used it wrong but I couldn't get much out of it.

I wondered that about the basket locations. I have one course I play a lot that always seems to have at least a couple of basket locations that don't match the UDisc setup.

I use U-disc for my score only on every round, solo or not. The other 2 guys that I play with regularly keep their own score mentally, like they are even, 1 under, 2 over par etc., but I can't do that, it's easier for me just using my U-disc app. I like saving my scores to reflect back on.

First time I've heard of them. I looked them up. Cool idea, as long as you don't get more than +18...

Yeah they are all right.. My worry is that I don't get more than that down. Though I think my beads are 12 and 12 so I'd need -25 or plus 25 to be an issue.

"I gotta get back on the beads man!!!" Haha.

I play mostly deuce or die courses round here.. But often I'm a close to par player on the long courses with tragedies.. Maybe 8-10 above.

I tried map scoring for the first time today. I didn't really enjoy that. It just seemed to be a distraction. I think I prefer to just to score only after completing the hole. Maybe save the full scoring and the map scoring for the times when I'm doing casual solo practice rounds.

I'm somewhat opposed to my cell phone while discing, it's the only break I get from it.

That said used Udisc for a tournament and it sure made it easy figuring out where I was going and who I was with. No one had to grab the card for starters haha

I wondered that about the basket locations. I have one course I play a lot that always seems to have at least a couple of basket locations that don't match the UDisc setup.

This is hopefully now fixed with the new update. Doesn't work perfect to me yet but its better.

I don't use udisc at all. After a round I write my score down on paper and put it in the scorebook here. Quick score

I use the basic score deal when I play a course that's not on DGCR. I've only scored 7 rounds ever on Udisc. All of them were courses I added later and Sugaree.

I use UDisc on my watch to enter scores only. If I had to get the phone out each time, I'd just keep it in my head. The watch is not a problem at all, even for a reasonably-sized group.

It might be nice to have all the shot tracking, but I'm never going to keep up with that...

Latest posts