• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who do you learn from?

aaannnnnnnnnd now that song is stuck in my head.

this ends your thread jacking and you will be now be returned to op, already in progress.

taught myself

I have pretty much taught myself. I have read all the article on disc golf review and learned alot from the forums here. I also bought the Scott Stokely videos. I have considered paying for lessons, and may do that someday. I am happy with the way I am progressing so far, I can see improvements in all aspects of my game.

I've tried that too, except I sing Billy Joel songs. Nothing gets my chakra back into tip top shape better than belting out some uptown girl.

People tend to let you play through when you do that, too.

I've learned most from forums and videos online, and playing with other players in tournaments/leagues etc. It's amazing how much you can learn by just paying attention to other players, and seeing what works and what doesn't. Combine that with a little practice time, and it goes a long way.

Uptown girls suck! They don't like dg and get mad when you spend your date money on crafts misprint deal!

Self taught... and it shows. Dan Beat's driving video and the power grip information on Innova's site were tremendously helpful.

I almost exclusively play alone due to lack of interest in DG and a lack of courses in my immediate area. When vacationing in VA Beach this Summer, I was fortunate enough to get invited to play doubles with three guys at Bayville. Just playing 18 with them, watching their form, the lines that they played, etc. was also a great help to my game.

Educated myself, mostly by reading information online, started with just one all around disc (a shark) payed attention to the flight charts, practiced throwing in a field, bought a practice basket for putting in my backard. Learning is an ongoing process that won't be perfected until I'm perfect, which means I'm stuck educating myself until I can no longer play:)

I've learned most from this site and youtube. I'll also watch people on the course and take what I can (education-wise) from them. Most people I see at my local course are better than me, so I always keep an eye out for them.

I learn from several sources. My nephew is a local tourney winner and he's given me some tips. I've learned some things from various other websites. And I've learned quite a bit from folks on here. So thanks.

so wait....jesus who did YOU learn from? lol...I was self taught..and then have been taking pointers from local pro's...one of which used to travel alot and is good friends with barry shultz (mark hezlap) hes a good mentor

Well the guy that got me started was fairly new himself and taught me a little bit. I learned a lot from the discraft pro clinic videos. They were more helpful than I thought they would be. It turned out that my natural putting style was like the one they showed in their putting basics video.

Latest posts