• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who has the longest drive to get to a dg course?

bwiese

Eagle Member
I just read a thread about who has the most and best courses close to their house. I think the true bragging should be who drives the longest distance to get to play a DG course.

I am about 7 min from 2 private courses and 15 from 3 public courses (all quality) so I lose this bragging match.

How far do you have to drive to get to a real course?

in rush hour today, it takes me an hour+ to get to a course that is only "20 min away" Gotta love dumb drivers+construction+ just too many people on the road. :wall:

Warwick, Ny is the closest to me. Its about 38 miles, google maps says 1hr drive time but it takes me 45 minutes. All the other courses are just a bit further. Once I move to Brooklyn the prospect park object course will be close but then Cedar Beach on Long Island and Camp Gaw in NJ outside of nyc will be the closest real courses and about 35-40 miles away.

I know someone has me beat but coming from a disc golf mecca like Minneapolis it is pretty damn far.

2 miles to The Valley 3.7
3 miles to Kaposia 4.1
3 miles to Garlough 3.0

Someone in Montana or Wyoming might have the longest commute.

I am lucky and only live 2 miles from 2 courses in same park. A guy I know has to drive from Portsmouth OH to get to that park (it is closest to his house) 31 miles....takes about 40 minutes for him to get there.

The straight line distance from my house to teebox #1 of Oak Meadow (4 disc rated course, one of the better courses in Houston) is about the same distance from teebox #1 to teebox #8.

When I was a sophmore in college I used to have to drive 1:45 to get to the closest course. I did it about once a week. Then, I moved to a 300 acre dairy farm and built my own object course.

When I lived in Raleigh I preferred to play Zebulon (course to myself at 5pm on a beautiful day :D) and it took around 25-30 minutes to get there.

When I was a sophmore in college I used to have to drive 1:45 to get to the closest course. I did it about once a week. Then, I moved to a 300 acre dairy farm and built my own object course.

When do you have time for discin, when you are milking the cows? Dairy farming is no joke.

My little brother lives across the street from a park that has 3- 18 hole courses (Ft Madison, ia) lucky jerk.

I live 5 minutes away from Tyler State Park and 45 minutes away from Nocamixon State Park, Tinicum and Sedgley Woods.

The true question is how far have you traveled to play one particular course!!

I have about 35 minutes to get to a 9 holer and about 40-45 to the nearest 18.