• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who here has been TD for an Ace Race?

cjskier

Double Eagle Member
I am looking for anyone on here who has hosted an ace race in the past few years. I have some questions as to organization and how you got started. I am really looking forward to running my first event this summer. Thanks DG'ers.

I've done it the last two years, and I know there are dozens of others on here that have as well. Go a head and ask away.

ran one a few years ago....

#1 recommendation....Pre-registration so you dont get stuck w/ extra packs!

1. How did you guys go about pre-registration? Did you just do it by mail, or did anyone set something up online. Like paying via PayPal or something.

2. How did you guys go about the use of the course? I assume you had the course closed to the public, just like a regular tourney? How did you set that up?

3. wondering if you need to get permission from the park or the course to have such an event. Like some sort of written agreement. Or can I just show up on my chosen day and host it(doubt that)?

4. How long in advance did you schedule the event? And how did you advertise it?

5. Did you get any sponsors for things such as prizes?

I will have more questions, but those are on the top of my head at the moment.

cjskier said:
1. How did you guys go about pre-registration? Did you just do it by mail, or did anyone set something up online. Like paying via PayPal or something.

....Online via a webstore...let me know if you need some help...i'd donate some space and time to help ya out...

2. How did you guys go about the use of the course? I assume you had the course closed to the public, just like a regular tourney? How did you set that up?

Ace Races are smaller versions of holes. Usually between 100-200 feet...to allow for some aces!

3. wondering if you need to get permission from the park or the course to have such an event. Like some sort of written agreement. Or can I just show up on my chosen day and host it(doubt that)?

I'd always run it by the park. Since you'll be marking tee's with flags...it may freak out the park like someone is surveying or something...

4. How long in advance did you schedule the event? And how did you advertise it?

the longer you can get it out there...more chance to attract some heads. Advertise with the flyers they send you as well as local message boards. Word of mouth works wonders!!! Dont forget other nearby clubs MSG boards too!

5. Did you get any sponsors for things such as prizes?

The ace race runs itself. No need for additional BUT if you do, all more the better!!!

I will have more questions, but those are on the top of my head at the moment.