• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who is Deegy Seehar?

Dave242

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
This post got me thinking:
How accurate are the ratings and what exactly is being rated? Out of curiousity I checked the ratings on a course I played last weekend. It was 2.92. What does that mean?
……It's fuzzy math to me.

"Who" is the "person" that DGCR ratings represent? When all the preferences (expressed in ratings) of all reviews for all courses are all averaged together, who is the "person" and what are his/her (Deegy is a name like Pat or Tracy or Chris) preferences for what a disc golf course should offer? What does Deegy love? Hate? Value? Notice? Ignore?

Of course, ratings vary a little from course to course and region to region depending on the real people contributing to the ratings. Let's ignore that for this discussion and come up with who Deegy Seehar is.

I am thinking that knowing who this is will help us explain to people who do not know how to properly use the ratings here.

Deegy Seehar sees the course closest to them and rates it a 5.

deegy seehar loves courses that have obvious amenities and offer golf that is rewarding for his rec skill level.

bonus points if there is natural beauty and a smoke spot somewhere around holes 7 and 15

Deegy has multiple personalities and likes to play all holes equally.

Deegy does not give extra points because a certain course is "in the neighborhood".

Deegy has a half-retarded sibling who goes by the name "Dee G. Ahr"

Deegy has a half-retarded sibling who goes by the name "Dee G. Ahr"

images

I am Deegy Seehar.

Deegy is known for doing a funky little dance after every putt, which the locals affectionately refer to as "Getting Deegy with it".