• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who is your favorite MPO / FPO player(s)?

Peter S

Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
MPO
As a old Florida boy my favorite is John E McCray. "it's about time" everyone knows what Florida players already know. John E, class act.

Very close second is Paul McBeth. Not since Ken Climo has Florida had such a dominant player.

FPO
Paige Pierce. What's not to like about someone that small that throws so big.

Us Californians would like to have a word with you Florida folk about claiming McBeth. Pretty sure he's from CA.
That's where he honed his skills anyway.

A few Texans on here have similarly claimed Emac as theirs too, but some of us know better than that.

Meh, I am not too into having favorite players. I really respect anybody who plays the game at a much higher level and can do things I will never be able to, but they are just disc golfers at the end of the day.

I was trying to answer this thread and quickly realized that there are quite a few who I like and wish well for a variety of reasons...the best is when I get to catch a video where two of them are battling it out and I can be happy regardless of who ends up winning.

The common theme though - great golfers who handle themselves with class (at least in the limited context of the vids I get to see).

If I could hand-pick a foursome for a card to watch, it would probably look something like:
-Big Jerm
-Wysocki
-Greg Barsby
-Philo Braithwaite (sp?)

My favorite MPO player is me, myself, and I.

If I'm not competing, then I don't have a favorite other than whoever is going to put on a good show by playing well and playing in a mature, professional manner.

Meh, I am not too into having favorite players. I really respect anybody who plays the game at a much higher level and can do things I will never be able to, but they are just disc golfers at the end of the day.

And professional baseball players are just giant guys that swing pieces of wood and throw a little ball, doesn't mean I can't pick one and I say I like his style.

I think Simon is my current favorite MPO player to be watching. He just crushes discs.

And for women I like to watch Katrina's throwing style. I don't understand how she makes it work.

keep in mind, I don't think these are the best, just my favs to watch throw.

I like watching Jenkins cause I'm a breast man.

For FPO I like watching Kelsey Wilmerding putt for the same reason I watch NASCAR.

And professional baseball players are just giant guys that swing pieces of wood and throw a little ball, doesn't mean I can't pick one and I say I like his style.

I think Simon is my current favorite MPO player to be watching. He just crushes discs.

And for women I like to watch Katrina's throwing style. I don't understand how she makes it work.

keep in mind, I don't think these are the best, just my favs to watch throw.

Easy there, sparky. Never said you can't do anything. I am not one for hero worship in any sport. I have people I admire, athletes are usually not one of them. To each his own, brother. :)

Depends on what kind of mood I'm in.

Bombers:
Wysocki
Lizotte
GG
McBeth

Technicians (Smart routes, limited risk):
Philo
Doss
Cale
McCabe

Creativity:
Rico
Orum
Max Nichols
McCray

Sportsmanship:
Schwebby
Ulibarri
Brinster
Vicich

I don't usually follow the pros, but I think Holly is the most interesting one to keep an eye on right now. I like her swagger.

I recently moved from Clearwater out to California. I haven't met any big names out here but back home it was great having GG, Climo, McBeth around. Amazing to watch!

Latest posts