• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who Played A Christmas Round?

HeavyCritters

**Stickin'Putts**
Who got a round in on Christmas Day?

I was able to sneak away and trudge through about 8" of snow to get in a 9 hole solo round at the local course.

It was a pretty day for it. Quiet course with light snow falling while I played.

I am jealous, I haven't played in a few weeks.

Also your website is top notch.

I'm married with two kids.

Got a little crap from the wife when I said I wanted to play, but we did the Christmas stuff with her Dad last night and her Mom's party is this weekend, so it was just me, the wife and two kids.

I get cabin fever pretty quickly, so I think she realized that being cool about me playing a quick round was well worth the hassle of dealing with me for the rest of the day.

i managed to get out, threw holes 1-15 at oakwood, but between shoveling the teepads that still had ice underneath everything and trudging through snow, i got tired and it got dark. i wound up -1 going into hole 15, though. not bad considering i had to throw from a standstill. almost aced hole 2 with the tangent, hole 6 with a wizard. sooo close, would've been a great christmas present.

two scary moments where i thought i'd lost a disc, but then i just retraced and dug deeper in the snow. no probs.

it was fun because i volunteered to work today, but our call volume was so low they allowed me to go home early . . . but i still get 8 hours of holiday pay just for coming in. :D

i managed to get out, threw holes 1-15 at oakwood, but between shoveling the teepads that still had ice underneath everything and trudging through snow, i got tired and it got dark. i wound up -1 going into hole 15, though. not bad considering i had to throw from a standstill. almost aced hole 2 with the tangent, hole 6 with a wizard. sooo close, would've been a great christmas present.

two scary moments where i thought i'd lost a disc, but then i just retraced and dug deeper in the snow. no probs.

it was fun because i volunteered to work today, but our call volume was so low they allowed me to go home early . . . but i still get 8 hours of holiday pay just for coming in. :D

Nice! Oakwood is a fun course. I used to play Kaposia and Acorn a TON in the winter when I lived there.

You don't ribbon up your discs?

Nice! Oakwood is a fun course. I used to play Kaposia and Acorn a TON in the winter when I lived there.

You don't ribbon up your discs?

i don't, no. this is my first year playing winter golf so i wasn't doing it at first . . . now that i know better . . . i'm just lazy.

it would've saved me a pink CPD, so maybe i should. for the most part it's easy to find the discs, i just walk by them on accident sometimes. not paying attention. only happens when i throw two . . . i am NEVER gonna learn not to throw multiples in winter . . .

I did some field work behind Mom's house after opening presents. Tomorrow I meeting friends at 10:00 to play. Then meeting some more friends at 2:30.

It's going to be disc golf all day long!!!

Played 27 at The Castle today with my brother in law and Steve the Jarhead. Didn't keep score because Yuengling and White Russians were on tap with several disciples of the New Hanover County DGC. Good people, all.

But to squelch any rumors about my poor play, I will confess that I performed as predicted. +9 after 8. And after 27 and copious amounts of alcohol......I don't do public math.

Merry Christmas!

PS. I birdied 9 and 13 and par'd 15, 16, and 17 and bogied the rest.

Last edited:
Been bed ridden with ugly chest cold for last four days. Sunny and about 50 in Denver today. Couldn't take it anymore and went out with the dog. Got a few new discs for Christmas and had to check me out. First hole is a short 180 ft, but guarded by trees. Chucked the to the right of the trees and let the stability do the work. It finished leaning on the post and my aching body and burning lungs didn't seem so severe all the sudden. Got to try out my 12 x champ third and a bit too stable for me but did some decent thumpers with it. Champ tl is straight as they get and the lack of fade will take some getting used to. Turned one drive over onto the frozen pond and mellow the wonder hound fetched it for me. Played 27 holes and should have stopped at 18...... Now my lungs are burning and cough is no bueno. Had a good time, the dog dog had fun and there was about 30 other cheerful Holliday huckers out on the course today.

I was fortunate enough to get out for 18 holes today with some good friends, and I am glad I did! I was gifted a CE valkyrie from an old friend yesterday, and decided to put a regular valk in the bag to compare the two. I ended up getting a 279' ace with the stock valkyrie, so Merry Christmas to me!

played 18 at Limona this morning trying out a bag I want to take to the GA mountains tomorrow. Then got an Icon Bandit for a gift later one:)) I am pleasantly surprised how that flies. Anyway, Merry Christmas you guys. hope everyone had a good one!

I played a christmas eve round. I got 10 new discs from grandma and her house is 150 yards from whole 1 teepad. Threw my new discs! It was a great time.

My son and I had to try out our new discs and played 18 at Fort Yargo this afternoon. Like the First Run M2 and the pinnacle Patriot. Shot 1 down with sunny skies and about 45 degrees.

No DG for me, still sick (two weeks with splitting sinus headache) .......ugghh!!

Got to try out my 12 x champ third and a bit too stable for me but did some decent thumpers with it.

Try that Champ Teebird into the wind. I've driven my 175g 12x into a pretty strong headwind and it flew just like my 166g Star in light wind. The extra weight helped it carry for some pretty good D (for me). PERFECT!

The other thing I use it for is if I want gradual fade throughout the flight instead of straight then hard fade like I get with my Banshee. I haven't tried thumbers yet, maybe it's time!

Played an annual doubles round at west park in Joliet, IL. My 2nd year joining an established crew that's been doing it for a few years. Everybody brings out a 22oz. bomber for trade with their random draw dubz partner. Lotta ice out there today! Good times!!

Got some field work in. I avoid the course like a plague during the winter.

I like working on my form while playing an empty course. My X Comet's been getting a workout, but I've seen my form (from a standstill) really take some big strides so far this winter.

i don't, no. this is my first year playing winter golf so i wasn't doing it at first . . . now that i know better . . . i'm just lazy.

it would've saved me a pink CPD, so maybe i should. for the most part it's easy to find the discs, i just walk by them on accident sometimes. not paying attention. only happens when i throw two . . . i am NEVER gonna learn not to throw multiples in winter . . .

It's easier on an untrampled course, but man if you get a course that sees a lot of winter discing, it's super easy to lose discs.

I almost lost my pink Viking when I hit a tree and the ribbon went one way and the disc went the other.

Latest posts