• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who's Throwing a Sinus?

KMaC

Double Eagle Member
I'm starting to realize that I like overstable putters.

I've been throwing challengers and/or wizards recently, and both of those are too flippy for me.

I've been thinking about trying a Sinus, but I haven't heard too much about them.

Anyone using these? Any insight on which to try first (AP/SP)?

How overstable is it?

SP the AP is the same plastic just more stiff. By far the greatest upshot disc ever. I have used one since they came out and love it! Very overstable out of the bag but beat in very nice and never become understable. I used to putt for one for about 4 years and liked it for putts to till I started with my organic wizard. Still have a SP in the bag for ups and it stays true no matter how you throw it. I have about 10 of them and they all fly the same. Check the thread about other companies must haves and thats my Lattitude pick. Get one, you wont be dissapointed and if you dont like it Ill take it

Straightest overstable disc I have ever seen. I am with Roc that the upshots with this thing are just goofy good.

If you don't like a deep rimmed putter try out the Spike, it is kind of XD like but overstable as well. It is not AS overstable as a Sinus but some flight charts put it with Rhyno so its still plenty overstable.

AP similar to a medium wizard? SP to a SS? I throw with a supersoft for upshots but its a little too overstable for me

AP similar to a medium wizard? SP to a SS? I throw with a supersoft for upshots but its a little too overstable for me

Yes. Same plastic though, both are chalky. They feel exactly the same unlike the wizards. If the wizard is to overstable for you I dont think you will like the sinus because it is more overstable.

Yes. Same plastic though, both are chalky. They feel exactly the same unlike the wizards. If the wizard is to overstable for you I dont think you will like the sinus because it is more overstable.
Alright thanks a lot.. saved me a buy

Wizards are too flippy? Not to be a smart *ss, but your form may be more of an issue than the disc. What distance are you trying to get out of your wizard when you are flipping it?

Wizards are too flippy? Not to be a smart *ss, but your form may be more of an issue than the disc. What distance are you trying to get out of your wizard when you are flipping it?

I'm trying to get 200-250. I'm dead accurate with my FLX Challenger up to about 175, but past that it will turn over for me. I also have a soft challenger, but don't like it as much. I haven't used the wizard all that much. I really liked the way it flew when it was brand new, but as soon as I hit a few trees it started getting flippy. Basically what I'm looking for is a putter that I can put out almost as far as my mids but will fly straighter.

Right now I'm torn between a few discs. Whatever I get would be for driving only at first, and we'll see how I like it for putting. I'm thinking about:

Evolution Wizard: I was hoping it would fly like a brand new wizard and stay that way for a while.

Sinus: More overstable, would definitely have a place in my bag. Even if I don't like it for putting, I can still use it for short drives that finish left, and the Challengers for short drives that finish right.

Rhyno: the disc store had some sexy looking X-out champ Rhynos that felt a little gummy. I almost bought one.

Another thing I'm looking for is a putter that I can throw with a decent amount of anhyzer that will still come back. The challenger just drops when it flattens out.

Rhyno is a very nice "driving" putter. Friend has one of the limited edition pros and the only thing that keeps me from stealing it is my Banger-GT. Got one of those comming in ESP so I dont abuse my Soft-X one any more.

One more thing.

If you were buying your first Sinus would you get the SP or AP. I'll mostly be using it for drives/approaches and I hit a lot of trees, but if I decide to putt with it I like softer putters.

i think the sinus is one of the most really overstable putter out there, you may want to look into some mids if your looking for an anhyzer to hyzer s curve because i find they need to have more speed & glide, then most putters out there offer, to complete this and not just drop out of the sky, Maybe a gateway Demon would fit the bill?

One more thing.

If you were buying your first Sinus would you get the SP or AP. I'll mostly be using it for drives/approaches and I hit a lot of trees, but if I decide to putt with it I like softer putters.

SP, They beat up but and look like $hit but fly great. The AP's is not for me

SP, They beat up but and look like $hit but fly great. The AP's is not for me

Thanks, one more question:
If I give it a decent anhyzer, will it flatten back out and fade left. I've seen people throw Rhynos for this type of shot, but I want something with a little bit more fade than that.

For RHBD, yes. It is very hard toturn one over...even in a headwind

Get the Sinus SP. It's great. I hit tons for long putts with annies that flatten. You can get that disc to do anything but they do beat fast. They still fly well, they just get ugly. If you don't like it, you can trade it to me. The AP is not bad either. The plastic is harder and does not beat up anywhere as fast. However, I reach for a SP about 90 perfect of the time.

Thanks for the input guys. I'll be grabbing a Sinus SP as soon as my finances permit (hopefully tomorrow).

I compare my sinus to a classic roc. Feels like the same profile and flies the same stability (if not more over stable) and the same speed