• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Why all the Innova Hate?

No it's not laziness, when they are pdga approved for one standard and there are 50 other standards set by Innova. It's not to say other brands don't do that as well.
But to get back on subject, yes, bigger companies are under bigger scrutiny, for the right and wrong reasons.

No I think it's laziness. The education system..(don't get me started). Anyway learning the basics of the Roc really aren't that hard, the different molds (San Marino, Rancho, Ontario, Roc+, Roc3, Classic Roc..if you count the Classic Roc) & learning the plastics is very simple also.

When people use the expression "hate on (insert noun here)"............:sick:

When people use the expression "hate on (insert noun here)"............:sick:
Before haters and hating there was just dumb s#!* and you could call it. Now when dumb s#!* presents itself and gets called, it's cuz haters gon hate. Same amount of s#!*, if not even more, is dumb. This now-validated dumb s#!* gained such a following they named it... swag.

Before haters and hating there was just dumb s#!* and you could call it. Now when dumb s#!* presents itself and gets called, it's cuz haters gon hate. Same amount of s#!*, if not even more, is dumb. This now-validated dumb s#!* gained such a following they named it... swag.

Eloquently stated.

English is dying slowly.

By no means do I hate or even dislike INNOVA, my go to driver is a Star Tee-Bird after all, and I'll always love the Firebird, but I will say that there is so many different molds put out by INNOVA that it is confusing, especially when the flight patterns overlap so. It's dizzying, especially when one compares it to say Prodigy- who's 1 through 4 overstable to understable rating is so easy to understand. There is a fair amount of irrational hate(all hate is irrational imo btw) towards every company for a multitude of reasons(Not even MVP is immune). Prodigy for example had a bit of a "Lebron James: The Decision." ring to its' coming out, which made me dislike them immediately.... they have since won me over with their products however. A statement that will garner some hater's attention no doubt and I await their comment(s) with bored indifference. INNOVA has owned the untenable position of being the best and for quite a long while, and if there is anything Americans like more than their champions, it's tearing their champions down. This argument is academic however because I'm willing to bet that they still dominate when it comes to sales and will for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
I think too many people confuse "hate" with dislike. People have preferences and like other plastic. Like your sig line says, some arrows are better. Sometimes people find the need to go overboard with their praise for one and criticism of another but this is the place to do it.....

I think when one person's opinion begins to effect you or your preference you should rethink your own opinion not that of the person. When you start to write that email to complain to the manufacturer about one of their customers like happened to myself? Then that person needs to float back down to earth and get a life beyond this forum. Stop caring about what others like and throw what you like. Differing opinions are just that. In the end what you have in your bag is irrelevant as long as you are happy with your performance and had fun.

No I think it's laziness. The education system..(don't get me started). Anyway learning the basics of the Roc really aren't that hard, the different molds (San Marino, Rancho, Ontario, Roc+, Roc3, Classic Roc..if you count the Classic Roc) & learning the plastics is very simple also.

no :thmbdown:

Why does everyone hate the groove so much? I know it's wayyyyy overstable but they're nice if your throwing that type of shot.

They make great discs! they honestly do make them great.

then they change the molds, plastic without changing the stamps or names.....so frustrating

Despite the general dislike for the brand, there's still plenty of love for some of their molds, most notably the Roc, Teebird, and Leopard (among others).

This! KC Rocs, TL/Teebird and Leopards are the absolute base of my bag. Great neutral (hold annys, hyzers, lazer straight) throwers that you can use for almost all shots shapes. Add a putter and a overstable disc for my awful forehand (Firebird) and that's all I really need. Any other disc I carry (and I still carry them) is honestly just fluff for me.

yes :thmbup:...i just started throwing rocs and looked into them...with very little research I have a good enough grasp on molds and plastics to know what I want and how it will fit my game. Kids these days...I tell ya :doh: complain about everything without putting in any leg work.

I'm with Pookie on this one. Look at all the different iterations of the same mold you just listed. Now, pretend you're a new player to the game. First question, "If all of these discs fly differently, why are they all called the same thing?" I can certainly see where it would be confusing, and potentially intimidating, to a new player. If I'm just getting into the game, I want to find something that works for me, and (when it is inevitably lost) find a replacement without having to study in anticipation of the trip to the store.

As for Innova hate, I don't really have any of it. But, some of the listed grievances (consistency and transparency in labeling) seem like legit gripes to me.

Why does everyone hate the groove so much? I know it's wayyyyy overstable but they're nice if your throwing that type of shot.

Some of them are super overstable, some are just overstable, some are understable, and some are flippy as hell. No two Grooves are the same, hence why they suck.

Some of them are super overstable, some are just overstable, some are understable, and some are flippy as hell. No two Grooves are the same, hence why they suck.

Ok I am a fairly new player and I've only ever thrown 2 and they fly the same for me so I wasn't aware of that problem....so I better not lose mine in other words

Latest posts