• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Why all the Innova Hate?

I'd also rather put my money towards companies other than the largest.

So you are against success? Just sayin - if a company is good at what they do they become successful. Look at Anheuser-Busch a Brazilian beer company . . . wait - they make swill . . .nevermind.

Ok I am a fairly new player and I've only ever thrown 2 and they fly the same for me so I wasn't aware of that problem....so I better not lose mine in other words

They fly the same because you probably don't have the arm to throw them, so they just fade on you. Any fast overstable disc will fly the same way for someone without the arm speed to handle the disc. It won't take long to realize there are a million better options out there that don't have that goofy gap in the middle.

So you are against success? Just sayin - if a company is good at what they do they become successful. Look at Anheuser-Busch a Brazilian beer company . . . wait - they make swill . . .nevermind.

Anheuser-Busch is Belgian, not Brazilian.

Just because a company is big doesn't mean they're the best at what they do. The majority of the time, they're far from the best.

They fly the same because you probably don't have the arm to throw them, so they just fade on you. Any fast overstable disc will fly the same way for someone without the arm speed to handle the disc. It won't take long to realize there are a million better options out there that don't have that goofy gap in the middle.

I'm sure that's true to a point but I can throw them 400+ so I'm not a complete noodle arm or anything but I do see your point as I can't throw them much further than a leopard or tbird.

I think we're all in agreement that it's cool to sport the newest, least-known underground bleeding edge dude-what-IS-that? thing, until that uber-cool thing becomes popular and lots of people have it. Then its a "sell-out", or "corporate" or whatever.
And yet every new disc that comes out is compared, by US, to an Innova disc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fIRo-UtdOU

I carry a lot of Innova disc in my bag, and I'm proud of it. I'd say most people started off with Innova disc, so there is no reason to be hatin'.

:thmbup: He knows what he's talking about.

I'm sure that's true to a point but I can throw them 400+ so I'm not a complete noodle arm or anything but I do see your point as I can't throw them much further than a leopard or tbird.

New player who throws Grooves 400+? Not sure if you're a phenom, a troll, or your on an Internet distance overload.... Either way, drop the groove.

Why all the Innova Hats?

innova-hat-adjustable.jpg

I think we're all in agreement that it's cool to sport the newest, least-known underground bleeding edge dude-what-IS-that? thing, until that uber-cool thing becomes popular and lots of people have it. Then its a "sell-out", or "corporate" or whatever.
I find it hard to believe people really think like that in regards to frisbee. They might feel like supergolfers if their area is dominated by slim pickins and they seek out internet plastic. But I've never heard anyone (in person, in the store) express the opinion that it's uncool to throw Innova... but I've heard the frustration of tracking down equivalents of some type to which they got accustomed. Smaller brands move slower and keep like runs on the shelf for longer, but also several popular manufacturers crank out a more consistent product. Not bulletproof consistent, but more consistent than Innova.

New player who throws Grooves 400+? Not sure if you're a phenom, a troll, or your on an Internet distance overload.... Either way, drop the groove.

If he can throw Leopards almost 400' already (way more impressive to me than pushing a warp speed that far), a 400' throw with a Groove should be no problem. :rolleyes:

Well I plan on posting a video on the technique thread sometime soon so we'll see about that....

I dont HATE innova at all, I just choose not to throw their discs. When I started playing Lat was just getting bigger and their marketing just intrigued me more. Plus they have IMO the prettiest plastic out there, and I cant complain about the glide I get compared to Discraft and Innova in similar molds. I was just more drawn to Lat because when I started. I think my generation of throwers is just throwing more of the newer companies that have done well in the last three years. In turn that creates a lot of haters of the older/bigger companies for not very legit reasons.

I wouldn't say that I hate Innova. I started out with a Buzzz, loved it, and threw exclusively Discraft after that. Recently, I started branching out, trying some new plastic, and Vibram and Gateway now have permanent spots in my bag. And guess what? I have a Star Boss that I use several shots a round :D. I could never understand the 4-number flight ratings, and even though I get the concept now, it still is tough for me to think through. But hey, props to Innova for some sweet discs

Why do people complain about disc inconsistencies, I see that a lot of people love disc inconsistencies, they carry several molds 3 discs same mold but they all fly different, one fly's straight, the other is stable and the other is under-stable. Perhaps there are Quality Control issues, there are with any company or there are unreasonable expectations from us expecting that the new Disc I just bought today doesn't fly the same as my old one that Ive been throwing for 2 years and I lost because of a bad throw.

"Prodigy is the best company out there all other companies need to stop copying prodigy and need to be original.." i about bitch slapped a noob when he said this

only gripe with innova is inconsistencies but they make so pump out some many discs im not surprised theres differences between runs

they are always messing with molds changing them around shaving em down and trying to come up with new users friendly discs as if they dont have enough already

My only real dislike of Innova is their marketing strategy, stuffing every Dicks, MC Sporting Goods, Meijers, Walmart, etc... with high speed drivers and telling new potential players how far they will go. I think they do a bit of a disservice to the game by creating "chuckers" and uninformed noobs. I know I dropped a small chunk of change early on for some high speed failures.

But in the end it is about what works for you, what feels good to you and what gives you the ability to improve. I love carrying my mixed bag of goodies, a little Innova, some Discraft, sprinkle in some MVP and color me good. Would love to go all Michigan and throw Discraft and MVP only, but I am not paid to do so and a couple Innova molds work for me, so they stay. :)

Latest posts