• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

why can't we do this?

We are talking high school sports here not tournaments

i know, its just an example of how much more popular competitive fishing is compared to disc golf. disc golf will have its day but right now fishing is WAY more popular. that being said, i had neither in high school but would have loved either one.

i am actually part of my highschools bass fishing team and it is bad ass! We have tourneys and sectionals and regionals and also state tournaments.

On any given course you can find dozens of high school kids, I would think starting clubs wouldn't be so difficult. It's just a matter of getting someone to organize them.

Why?

I know I will be attacked for this, but personally I don't get the whole "everyone must play our sport" thing. I personally like not waiting in line to throw.

I know I will be attacked for this, but personally I don't get the whole "everyone must play our sport" thing. I personally like not waiting in line to throw.

I think its more of a "it'd be nice if 90% of kids playing weren't total d'bags" thing. Teach them etiquette while they're young so they don't grow up to throw more beer cans than discs.

I think its more of a "it'd be nice if 90% of kids playing weren't total d'bags" thing. Teach them etiquette while they're young so they don't grow up to throw more beer cans than discs.

That is exactly how I feel, I'm in high school, and I see so many kids becoming chuckers because they have no instruction on etiquette (or technique).

i drove by my high school graduated in 97, now they have a 9 hole. wish i knew about the game earlier.. lucky kids

Theres no reason fishing and disc golf can't exist at the same time. If a kid wants to do either or both, let em, keeps there butts off the street.

If you read my post a page back, at the Am Worlds this year, all the junior parents are going to discuss exactly what you are looking for. Organized disc golf tourneys and leagues in all regions of the U.S. If there is enough interest, this could be a great jumping off point for getting the ball rolling.

Even if you are not going to Worlds and are interested in getting in on this, PM me and I will be sure to let you know when we launch the website. There are parents with kids and teens from 10u up to 19 years old involved in the process.

I believe we have a high school challenge here in Bowling Green, but its not anything big. I wish I would have done more in high school. I know I could have gotten a disc golf club started

Latest posts