• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Why do I hate innova discatcher baskets!!??

Gateway Titans FTW!!!

I would like to take one of those discatcher bands and plaster it with pictures of boobs...it won't really change the fact that you will still hit it, but now you are bouncing off boobs so it will hurt less mentally.

I like the discatcher baskets, but have to agree that there's something about that yellow band at the top that makes it more difficult for me to hit putts. I'm glad to see that others feel that way too. My home course has Mach baskets, so maybe it's because I'm so used to those.

It does seem when I miss putts a little high that the Machs are more forgiving of that, you hit high on the yellow band of the discatcher, it's a no-go.

Discatchers are the best basket ever!!!

There's something about that big yellow ring around the top that tempts my discs to clank off of them. I rarely hit the top of the other baskets. I realize this it's all psychological (or is it??!). Nonetheless, I feel like I miss more putts with these baskets than I would with the standard machs, dgas, etc. Is the sweet spot smaller? Innova claims that these baskets are designed to lower your score (mainly due to chain setup) but I seem to be cursed. Sometimes when you have a high shot on a dga basket, the disc will hit the small rings that hold the chains and deflect down or hit the top link of the chain and stay in. The Discatchers swat your shot with authority! I imagine, realistically, that this adds a few strokes to my round compared with other baskets.

Anyone else out there feel my pain??

Maybe the baskets hate you.

There's something about that big yellow ring around the top that tempts my discs to clank off of them. I rarely hit the top of the other baskets. I realize this it's all psychological (or is it??!). Nonetheless, I feel like I miss more putts with these baskets than I would with the standard machs, dgas, etc. Is the sweet spot smaller? Innova claims that these baskets are designed to lower your score (mainly due to chain setup) but I seem to be cursed. Sometimes when you have a high shot on a dga basket, the disc will hit the small rings that hold the chains and deflect down or hit the top link of the chain and stay in. The Discatchers swat your shot with authority! I imagine, realistically, that this adds a few strokes to my round compared with other baskets.

And maybe cause you suck!!!:p

Discatchers are AWESOME for catching discs (at least the new 3 layered chain ones). If you hit the yellow band, you'd have blown over different style of basket. The draw to the yellow band is psychological - we yell "THE YELLOW BAND!" each and every time a member of our group clangs off it.

Bro, I totally hear ya! There is something about that lid ring that kills my concentration! At my local course, we were gonna buy discatchers, but after a long discussion, we decided to save 6000 dollars and bought some acetylene tanks, which we cut in half, and made a gong course. We live in Idaho, which is a redneck, inbred state, so there was no funding. But come springtime, its ON! Gonna get this logging town into the sport, hopefully!

Discatcher's also just stop your putt dead in its tracks when you hit the band. There is no tipping the disc up on its side and watching it roll 50'. It just hits the band and stops.

ying & yang

...on some of em you can even score a disc through the top.
I like them for this fact as well. There are good & bad points for each type. With DisCatchers you have some that drop through the top. The others dont have the wide distracting band at the top but they are harder to see from a distance.
Honestly, I have to look at myself when I miss a putt, not at the target.:eek:

Latest posts