• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] why is pearly champ plastic more sought after

It has a much better grip. The feel of the plastic, the earlier the better, feels more like CE and old Pro than the new, more translucent champion plastic.

Because it's awesome.

It looks pretty, it tends to be softer and feel better in the hand, and IME is more durable than translucent champ plastic.

Cause Ams and noobs think they can throw them farther and straighter , so the demand goes up as well as the price. Because Ams control the disc market prices

True to all above comments and I have alot of it soif you need some let me know.

Because it's awesome.

It looks pretty, it tends to be softer and feel better in the hand, and IME is more durable than translucent champ plastic.

Yep... Nice grip, durable, and looks great

I'm surprised they haven't tried to find more plastic like that.

I haven't ever been able to tell the difference. I can throw pearly and non-pearly orcs and beasts all day and not tell a single difference except for when I mess up the throw. Could there be slight variations? Of course...there always will be. Those same variations could also mean a pearly and non-pearly throw identical because of those same variations in individual discs.

It is best to not get all caught up in having something so specific you have to give an arm and a leg to replace it. If you have pearlies and someone wants to pay high dollar for them, go ahead and get what you can. I just don't see them being any better. That is just my opinion based on throwing both. Others will certainly differ.

I thought this was all silliness until I recently threw an old pearly orc...wow!
It might be the older runs and have more to do with when the disc was made than the plastic itself.
I am on the older pearly orc bandwagon

I saw a few with TONS of ink at wright life today, anyone need em? Mostly orcs. Seems one of the swamp kids blacked out all the names and eventually sold em.

Theres also a recent batch of pearly champ, with the new chunky innova stamp. It can also be described as opaque and pearly, but the plastic is fairly stiff and the grip isn't different from the clear champ. It may just be me, but it seems to have taken a slight hit in durability too.

I have one kinda pearly Buzzz but really not sure why. Maybe snobbery it's all plastic and goes
In the chains. Remember it's the Indian not the arrow!;)

crying-indian1.jpg

Latest posts