• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wife says "Change hobbies…"

Jamnjoshua

Bogey Member
So…. My wife tells me that disc golf is =no bueno:mad:. It takes too much time…., its not real exercise…., ect….. She says, "go run or ride your bike" and "take up disc golf later on in life when the kids are older (3 kids 1,3,5) and you have more time." the 3 and 5 year old play 9 hole rounds with me and love it! Really….. Has anyone else had these conversations with their spouse…. I have been playing for 1 and half years and currently play 1-2 times a week 9 and sometimes 18 holes. :doh:

…I guess i wont be getting any disc golf items for christmas… :\

Thanks all for any comical or serious advice :clap:

Hobby says change wives...

Just a suggestion.
Or tell her your thinking about quitting disc golf for a swinger's lifestyle... see which she prefers.

thrembo says "Change wives".

I bet if she played a round with me she would rethink the whole "it's not exercise" thing.

She would be begging to set down on a bench. lol

I would say it's kinda selfish of her it's not like yer a deadbeat or a ****ty dad your allowed to have a life for yourself too

thrembo says "Change wives".

Hahahaha! It might be a little too late for that with 3 kids. Maybe try buying a nice big boat. Maybe something along the lines of 30' or so with twin 250s. Plus it will need a spot at a marina and lots of gas. Then compare that cost with the cost of a few dozen discs and a bag. If that doesn't work just point out that maybe she can squeeze all three kids into a Fiat or Mini. Obviously she doesn't need as big a car as she has now.

Unless you spend money on discs that your family needs to live you don't seem to be playing much time wise. I'd be honest with her and tell her you love to play disc golf and you think she's being selfish. If she's not going to budge you probably need to hide your playing to save the marriage. Disc golf will have to be your side chick. If she isn't a selfish person maybe she'll come around. Maybe try to step up the amount you do around the house and give her no grounds to complain. Or try involving her. She seems bossy and demanding. Is disc golf your exercise and she's trying to get you to lose weight or something? She's got control issues. Put her in her place bro. She's the baby maker, you're the man. :D :popcorn:

Not a healthy relationship. Are you doing drugs/drinking/general perusing while playing DG? I just don't get it. TO much time? 1-3 hrs a week?

that would be frustrating to say the least.

you could always do running rounds. there are lots of people that do that. time is a precious commodity and honestly i don't know what your schedule is like, but sometimes people forget that you need it for yourself too. 1-2 rounds a week is nothing, IMO. how long does it take you to do that, including drive time to and from/prep?

if she wants you to run or ride a bike instead, that's kinda funny. riding your bike 1-2 times a week won't do much either.

does your wife have any hobbies? maybe she feels like you're getting out and getting away when she feels stuck at the house.

i truthfully feel like an outburst like that would be due to other factors, not a real dislike of disc golf.

Not a healthy relationship. Are you doing drugs/drinking/general perusing while playing DG? I just don't get it. TO much time? 1-3 hrs a week?

I don't get it either man. The guy has to be able to have fun with what he likes to do.

I got a buddy of mine who's wife is like that,she calls him at least 4 times a round asking when he'll be home,or she will just text the crap out of him. I tell him he needs to turn the dang phone off. lol

i truthfully feel like an outburst like that would be due to other factors, not a real dislike of disc golf.

That's what I was thinking. Either you've done something else wrong, or your marriage is rough. A few hours a week really shouldn't be a big issue unless she's got some serious control or self-identity issues.

I think a lot of women lose their identity after having kids and husbands and dogs and PTA meetings. Maybe she just needs her own hobby to get her out of the house a few hours a week.

Has she ever played before? Does she have any idea what disc golf actually is? If the answers are yes then she really needs to rethink what she wants out of you marriage.

Wife says change hobby? Hobby says change wife!

Seriously though, sounds selfish on her part. Disc golf played a role, albeit a minor role, in the demise of my marriage. But my ex wife was an extremely selfish woman. I would get up sometimes, go throw a round, and be back home before she was even awake, and it still upset her. Long story short, she's gone and I still have disc golf. And I couldn't be happier. Turns out my disc golf bag possesses a helluva lot more loyalty than she did!!!

Maybe she feels like she had to give to something up for the kids/marriage and just wants you to be miserable with her? Or you really need to loose some weight, and dg isn't cutting it? Maybe if you played more , you could loose some weight! I lost 10 lbs this summer hiking endless miles on the course. My wife and I compromise. I will go to what ever, if we hit the course on the way. She's winning in the comprimise;)

Latest posts