• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Will be golfing nonstop in Santa Fe/ Albuquerque NM on May 29, 30, and 31

Deuces

Par Member
The wife will be catching up with old friends for 3 days in NM while I put on my oh no I have to go play by myself for 3 days face. :D The place we're staying at is 30 minutes south of Santa Fe so I'll be sleeping there each night. Was thinking of spending a full day to the south in Albuquerque, a full day in and around Santa Fe, and a full day north of Santa Fe at the mountain courses. I usually play 4 full courses a day while running solo so I'm glad to see that it Looks like there is plenty to keep me busy. Anyone have suggestions on where's the best ones to play and in which order? Local disc golf stores? Good places to eat between rounds? And all the other usual stuff to assist out of towners?

Thanks so much!

The only thing I've played in the area is Brent Baca in ABQ. It's definitely worth a spin if you are in that area - it's true desert disc, if you are into that. Really cool ravine running through the course, unique metal obstacles on some holes, it's a fun round.

I've been through ABQ twice and the only place I ate either time was Los Pollos Hermanos (well....the restaurant they filmed it at).

Baca is definitely worth the visit, one of the most unique courses out there. Try to find a local to play with, it will make your round go much smoother (and safer, its pretty isolated). Roosevelt Park is the other Albuquerque course, it's fun, but again having a local to play with would help (shared baskets and lots of crossing fairways) I haven't played Ski Santa Fe, but I'm sure it's awesome. If you're up for a drive to Taos there's some great courses up there. Sipapu alone is worth a day trip.

The Range Cafe is our favorite place to eat while in the area, several in ABQ and Bernalillo. Blakes for local hamburger joint. Marble Brewery and Il Vicino Brewery Canteen for local craft beer. El Pinto for classic New Mexican food(a little pricy) or Los Cuates (not my fav, but one of my friends and family favs), Weck's Cafe for breakfast (get the papas)

Stay away from Roosevelt park. It is a disaster waiting to happen. Well that may be a bit of hyperbole, but someone is going to get hurt bad there one day.

Stay away from Roosevelt park. It is a disaster waiting to happen. Well that may be a bit of hyperbole, but someone is going to get hurt bad there one day.

Only plus side is you may see a Prodigy sponsored female pro who frequents these boards there. I'm pretty sure I did.

Thank you all. Real question, on a scale from 1-10, how concerned should I be about poisonous snakes? I will most likely be alone and would hate to die alone in a desert...

I've played Baca many times and haven't seen a snake yet. As for good food, I like Sadie's and Casa de Buenavidos.

Played Baca yesterday. I've heard of a few rattler sightings recently, but just sure to stick to the trails and make plenty of noise if you have to reach in the bushes for a disc. Stop by Play disc golf store https://www.playdiscgolf505.com/ for the local scoop on leagues. There is league every night of the week. Also let me know when you're in abq! Make sure you hit Sipapu, Red River and Angel Fire if you can. Ski Santa Fe isn't open yet.

Baca is definitely worth the visit, one of the most unique courses out there. Try to find a local to play with, it will make your round go much smoother (and safer, its pretty isolated). Roosevelt Park is the other Albuquerque course, it's fun, but again having a local to play with would help (shared baskets and lots of crossing fairways) I haven't played Ski Santa Fe, but I'm sure it's awesome. If you're up for a drive to Taos there's some great courses up there. Sipapu alone is worth a day trip.

The Range Cafe is our favorite place to eat while in the area, several in ABQ and Bernalillo. Blakes for local hamburger joint. Marble Brewery and Il Vicino Brewery Canteen for local craft beer. El Pinto for classic New Mexican food(a little pricy) or Los Cuates (not my fav, but one of my friends and family favs), Weck's Cafe for breakfast (get the papas)

^^ Spoken like a true local!

Latest posts