• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Will MVP ever release the Shock or Amp in Proton?

What the Shock and Amp be released in Proton?

• Total voters
I still like the Shock, meaning the 2nd runs, the actual OS. I still prefer the Volt class to either of the other speeds, though I am a Switch fan. I just don't do well with the small-rimmed fairways in general, due to gorilla hands, and I'm also not seeing a big D interval from the Volt class to the Tesla class.

But I'm not really dying for P versions of the Amp or Shock, I'm fairly comfortable with N and P, don't have a huge preference either way.

Don't worry about him. He used to be the number one MVP guy on here. To a point of much annoyance. His gripe is lack of base plastic and too much overlap.

So he found a brand he likes better (Legacy) and has gone with them instead. No reason to feel sorry for him or imply that you're better than him. He simply chose to spend his dollars elsewhere. No problem there.

We should all be thankful that we have so many options these days. It wasn't that long ago that your choices were Innova, Discraft or Lightning.

I just don't understand the need to make such a selfish comment. Just because he has no use for it, it doesn't mean that other people wouldn't want it. I see plenty of discs asked for that I would personally never have a use for, but that's no reason for them not to be made. If it's something you don't care about, who cares. Just ignore it and worry about the discs you do like to throw instead. Sounds simple enough to me. Not sure how such internet comments turn into people thinking someone thinks they're better than someone else...

It is my guess they will be making them in Proton. I am definitely not an official voice on this. We will have Neutron for sure in our next order ;)

It is my guess they will be making them in Proton. I am definitely not an official voice on this. We will have Neutron for sure in our next order ;)

Ah damn!! My bad guys... I got that info from before JDD corrected his post. :doh:

People really like the Envy that much? I bagged it for a few months earlier this summer, but my putting game is completely gone once I took the Anode out and played with the Envy. Trying to fix my putting issues now. Envy was great for approach shots but I can do it all with my Anode, which IMO is a better all around disc.

People really like the Envy that much? I bagged it for a few months earlier this summer, but my putting game is completely gone once I took the Anode out and played with the Envy. Trying to fix my putting issues now. Envy was great for approach shots but I can do it all with my Anode, which IMO is a better all around disc.

I would suggest that more are finding the general utility of the Envy impressive, as opposed to it's puttery. As a putter/putter, it's relatively niche, but as a driving/upshot/flick/straight/wind/putter, it's awesome :)

Oddly, I'm not concerned about the Amp/Shock in Proton, although the Volt was really rejuvenated by the release. Presumably, the Proton release will either be the same, or slightly more stable, benefiting neither Amp or Shock particularly.

^ I think it's more about the feel of proton vs. neutron that is the benefit, not so much a flight difference.

Personally I'm really liking the feel of the new runs of proton plastic in the fairways/drivers over neutron. I like neutron for my mids and putters.

I use Neutron more for my drivers and Proton for midranges. I use one of each for my putters. But I would enjoy having a Proton in the bag just because. If it's never released I'll be disappointed.

So the 2 that voted Amp Only are right so far. This and $15-$20 will get you one.

If it makes you feel special then yes, yes it does

We're all special snowflakes. :|

What makes me feel good is the release of the Amp. What an awesome stamp. The only thing that sucks is that there are no light ones coming, since they can't (IIRC) produce them. Either way, it was a long time coming.

The Shock, on the other hand, seems to be one of the forgotten molds.

I was trying to funny not mean so you know :)

I hear ya on the Shock, it's in and out of my bag depending on the course and conditions. Ya can't beat how that speed 9 class all feel nearly identical in the hand

No worries. :)

What I really want to know is where is the Electron. Hard to believe they still only have one mold in that plastic.

I just started playing about 6 months ago and I'm really loving MVP, having started out with a mixed bag. Anyway, I really hope they come out with a proton shock. The shock is a great disc; I love proton plastic for my drivers and think it would be amazing if they finally came out with the shock in proton.

Latest posts