• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

winter getting you down?

Hows the Under Armor working for ya?, I am thinking of getting some.

I wear a L/S under armour compression shirt as a base layer, with a L/S tshirt over that, hooded sweatshirt, and hat. That is usually enough to keep me warm while allowing me to maintain a good range of motion and not feel restricted by the extra clothing. I will wear long johns occasionally but only if it is super balls cold outside or I am playing a more open course where the wind is whipping ya the whole time.

I wear a L/S under armour compression shirt as a base layer, with a L/S tshirt over that, hooded sweatshirt, and hat. That is usually enough to keep me warm while allowing me to maintain a good range of motion and not feel restricted by the extra clothing. I will wear long johns occasionally but only if it is super balls cold outside or I am playing a more open course where the wind is whipping ya the whole time.

Sounds nice,I have wear like 5 layes of T-shirts, thermals and a hoodie.
Ill have to go to Cabales and get me some.

Hows the Under Armor working for ya?, I am thinking of getting some.

i have the basic pair (they have three types) and i just wear them with tall socks and gym shorts. it was 20 degrees with wind and snow yesterday, and i stayed just as warm as i would have in any other pants. i just like them for the range of motion, i can't play in pants, don't know why (a comfort thing). keep in mind i'm a bigger guy and i live in michigan, so the cold isn't as hard on me. if you were to put a pair of pants over the leggings, i don't think you would ever get cold. but, if you're like me and don't like things restricting your mobility, they make two types that are warmer than the pair i have. there is virtually no motion restriction at all. all in all, i highly recommend them.

is it just me, or does it seem like everyone has gotten more hostile since winter has come around? instead of people having really good disc golf discussions, it seems to be a giant flame war.

:mad: SCREW YOU, MAN!!!

*throws daughter*

Yeah its really not that cold here right now heh...but darkness sucks.

I've been kind of a trooper this winter.

I've played in over a foot of snow, in sub-zero windchill, and in freezing rain.

The rain sucked the most, as my discs kept icing, but I've gotten quite a few rounds in. Darkness is my enemy now, but the days are getting longer.

Oh, and got myself sick playing four rounds over New Year's. Wet feet, dammit. Need better boots.

Screw under armour. Simply not worth the cash. I bought a top and bottom gray thermal for like 6.50. What's the going rate on a new pair of UU tight these days?

I use "Hot Chilies". Haven't used "Under Armour". It's good to have good socks. I use "Bridgedale" socks mostly.

To stay warm, focus on head, hands, neck and feet. Haven't been out in less then 12 degrees. Once you start playing, usually you will warm up. But I do believe in layers.

Screw under armour. Simply not worth the cash. I bought a top and bottom gray thermal for like 6.50. What's the going rate on a new pair of UU tight these days?

i got them on sale at dicks for $35. the warmest pair (they have a super warm lining) retail at $70. but i think it's worth it for the comfort. it bugs the hell out of me to play in jeans, or even warm ups or anything.

ewwww, yeah... I know how that feels. I almost broke the d@mn thing (my right ankle). Hurt like a sonuva-gun.:(

tell me about it. back in september I did the same exact thing, partially tore some stuff and its never been right since. It's really my own fault though since I was supposed to "stay off of it until christmas" as the doctor said...well yeah, I've been playing golf instead. :thmbup:

Ill wear my cami pants over my DuoPlo thermals. It sucks when you have to relieve yourself, unbutton the pants,reach under the layers of shirts,into the access ports in the thermals and over the fence of my undies just to get at that sucker.

Latest posts