• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Winter Park Octhrowberfest (6th Annual)! - No Ace Race this year

i wanna try to make it out to this..sounds super fun. all i need is a ride there, which aint gonna be easy :/ i suppose i i could walk if all else fails, haha

and a question, do players still have to pay the entry fee to the course its self or is that in the tourney fee? i feel stupid asking this :p

I want to come but it is a drive for me 5 hours. I don't know if I can make it. Sounds like a grate time. I will do my best.

The $30 entry fee covers your entire day of disc golf, and you'll get a disc and probably a hat. We'll have additional discs for sale (CFR, ESP, Star, Champion, and past Ace Race discs) for $10.

It is definitely less like any formal tournament, and much more like a great day out on a great course!

Cedar Valley Campground is about 2 miles away - real nice cedar grove along the Kewaunee River.

You may be able to camp at the Footbridge bar just down the road too.

We might be able to make it up, I'd love to play ther again and hit up some other courses on the wY back.

It's on my calendar. I was going to get back up there yet this year anyway. Sounds awesome.:thmbup:

Glad nobody is bummed/dissing the fact that we're not doing an ace race this year. The logistics, pre-registration, prepayment, etc have moved me in a direction away from a formalized ace race. I think this deuce or die format will be just as much fun, and it will allow us to handicap the doubles round into a Pro/Am random draw, and hopefully increase the likelihood that anyone will walk away with cash and prizes.

Remember, I can be persuaded also, with liquid hopy goodness of the micro kind!!!

Tim, I remember earlier on in the year where we were both considering scrapping our plans for continued Ace Races. I must admit I'm feeling the stress again (deadline was Friday, but of course the late ones trickle in for a few days afterwards, and I actually had someone send back JUST the registration form, no money, no advance notice like, "Hey, I can't pay you right now, but could you hold a spot?"), but this will be the first year I've actually had volunteers to help, so I'm not going to have to take care of everything. I've definitely invested a buttload more personal money this year than I ever have before, well over $500, but I'm pretty sure I'll break even on the Ace Revenge.

I was kicking around the idea of doing an Ace Tour, a series of NE and Central WI ace-themed events over the span of a few months, points accumulation with prizes for most points at the end of the tour ...but that's still an idea on the back-burner for now.

I might shy away from the Discraft event last year, unless Gateway wants to piggyback on the Ace Race with my Ace Revenge format (Dave Mac said it sounded pretty awesome when I described to him what I was doing and wondered aloud about doing a similar event, but making it much more affordable for the TDs). We'll see, but just remember where you heard "Ace Revenge" first!

^ you've got the brother who lost the Sublime disc in the pond right? I just pulled it out of a box of 'pond' discs.

Maaaaaaan.....

I really want to play Winter Park, but it is over a 7 hour drive one way.

I just put in for 11 days off at the end of September, so it's gonna be tough to snag a 3 day weekend a fortnight later, but I will do my best!

Entry Fee: $30 per person, includes a disc and extras

The Game:
Deuce or Die Round PLUS a Pro/Am Doubles Round
Only Deuces count during Rd 1 - keep your own score.
Draw a random partner for Rd 2 ('A' pool with 'B' pool partner).
Total number of deuces (both players) plus your doubles round score is your final team score and overall standing. Top 3 Teams win cash…
3rd place = $40
2nd place = 1/3 of remaining cash
1st place = 2/3 of remaining cash

Round 1:
27 holes, Deuce or Die, Individual Round
Randomly drawn groups
Red (short) Tees
Bring your entire bag, throw any disc
Throw for deuces, only they count, pick up after 2nd shot
Results will be split into two pools (A & B, based on # of deuces from rd1) for the 2nd round draw

Round 2:
27 holes, Pro/Am Best Shot Paired Doubles
'A' pool players will be teamed with a random drawn 'B' pool player.
Best Shot
Blue (long) Tees