• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Winter Park Octhrowberfest (6th Annual)! - No Ace Race this year

Take the ferry?? I know it runs on a reduced schedule in fall, and it's expensive, but if the scheduled voyages fit your needs, you can definitley save some time. If you're a big road biker, you could drive to Ludington and just ride the ferry over with a bike (bicycle) then make some nice bike routes to and from Kewaunee.

If you're a big road biker, you could drive to Ludington and just ride the ferry over with a bike (bicycle) then make some nice bike routes to and from Kewaunee.

Uuuuuuh, no, lol. :)

But I may take the ferry. Any excuse to play Beauty/Beast/Flip is good.

Pre-register please so I have an idea of how many people to expect and how much 'stuff' to bring along.

There is no need to pre-register, it will just make things smoother the day-of. But if for some reason we get a great day and big turnout, you may end up without a players package if you show up late. If you want to send in a payment, PM me, or call the number on the event page and leave a message.

for the disc in the players pack is it just randomly handed out to you or do you get a choice in the matter, and are they tourney or stck stamped ?

You can pick any disc you want from the piles we have. You could consider it a rummage sale through our leftovers. ;)

I think I already PM'ed you that I cannot make it this year. Would be fun though!

Glad nobody is bummed/dissing the fact that we're not doing an ace race this year.

Yours was the only ace race I've ever done It was a lot of fun, but less fun than playing for real.....for me at least. For the energy and time it took to play, the thrill of coming close and missing did not compensate for the highs and lows of a real round - multiple throws and real punishment for missing badly vs missing by inches.....and high pressure approach shots and putts.

For me at least, an ace-race is a step down even from the informal doubles tournament we played for the 2nd round. I think as a TD scrapping the stress and effort in planning and the risk of over- or under-buying is well worth it. Honestly, I do not get the whole ace race thing. If you want to run one, just have players bring only 1 disc out with them.

I like this idea for the deuce or die round also because it will tie the who day together as the final results will be cumulative, and it will also create an A and a B pool for the 'random' draw which will increase the odds of anyone winning.

I weight things heavily on the winning end. Think of the payout this way...
50 players, $15ea going into the purse = $750
3rd place team = splits $40
2nd place team = split $235
1st place team = split $470!
That's a nice payout for a whole day worth of fun disc golf organized and run by someone other than yourself!

Coming up at the end of this week!! I was out there twice this weekend - working on the course Friday, and playing all day Sunday. The fall colors across the river valley are gorgeous, and the salmon run is one of the largest in over a decade!

I wish I could come out but I have had a hunting trip planed for months now. I almost want to cancel but it is in North Dekota and the money for the lisence is already spent. I would be out well over $200 if I played disc golf insted. Hope you have a great event I will have to make the trip next year.

confirmation

I can't pay until the day of the event, but I will definitely be there and try to drag some others along with me.

FWIW - I will only accept cash during the day of the event. This is the world we live in.

Anyone and everyone is welcome the day of. At 9am I am closing down registration and starting the players meeting. While I run the meeting, we should have enough time to finalize the round 1 hole assignments and get everyone out and ready to tee off by 930! We need to keep this moving in the morning because we'll have two 27 hole rounds, and I want to give everyone a good hour and a half for lunch.

See ya (all of you that are coming to brave these winds) there! I'm off to start seting up pretty soon. After I punch a deuce ;)