• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wiping Stamps

MaxFlight

Eagle Member
Hey guys,

I've been searching high and low for more flat-top Z Wasps, and the only ones I can find right now are the Hammes tour series ones... I'm not a fan of the stamp, so I was wondering how effective removing these stamps are? I find some of the Tour Series stamps to be pretty heavy duty in comparison to other stock run stamps. Would I be able to remove it completely, or will there still be the outline of the stamp?

Any info would be great!

Also, if anyone has any stock-run flat top Z Wasps you want to get rid of, let me know!

You'll never know till you try it.

I have only encountered a handful of stamps that I was unable to completely remove. A couple random Innova ones that acetone just spread around alot but couldn't really actually get off, and a rainbow stamp Mace that was seriously like impervious to acetone somehow.

But 99% of stamps will come completely off with acetone and some elbow grease.

You'll never know till you try it.

I have only encountered a handful of stamps that I was unable to completely remove. A couple random Innova ones that acetone just spread around alot but couldn't really actually get off, and a rainbow stamp Mace that was seriously like impervious to acetone somehow.

But 99% of stamps will come completely off with acetone and some elbow grease.

The only stamp I've ever tried to wipe was on a standard innova mini. Best I could do was fade it to a dull color. Could not remove it. Tried acetone and a host of other things, including some industrial chemicals meant to clean plastic (was working in a injection molding place at the time). Don't know what was up with it, but It wasn't coming off.

A buddy wiped one of the Gannon undertakers with acetone aside from the signature. I'll take a photo tonight, looks kind of neat, lets more of the discs swirl show through.

Most minis are different plastic than discs. Acetone should work but there is smearing that can take place.

I think the newer the stamp the easier to remove too

A buddy wiped one of the Gannon undertakers with acetone aside from the signature. I'll take a photo tonight, looks kind of neat, lets more of the discs swirl show through.

Would be great to check that out as it's the same style stamp!

Acetone has always worked for me, even nail polish remover on light stamps will work.

The actual impression of the hot stamp you can't get rid of, but you can take all of the color out with some elbow grease.

To prevent smearing (some smears will burn into star-type plastics, creating a permanent swirl) pre-wet the disc with rubbing alcohol. Use a cotton ball or cotton pad well saturated in alcohol, then switch to 100% acetone (this can be nail polish remover, just make sure it's the acetone kind). Keep the cotton wet and moving. Change to a clean pad when the first is gunked. Most stamps come off quite easily.

Would be great to check that out as it's the same style stamp!

Tried to catch it in the light so you can see the imprint from the stamp still exists. It's not usually this noticeable when throwing. And then of course you can see his stamp through the bottom.

image0%2B%25285%2529.jpeg