• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wizard Question

sleepy said:
Weebl said:
Had my best round on the course at my work
Congratulations, and where on earth do you work that has a course on site?!

Weebl said:
The sad thing is I missed 5 birdie putts from 35 and in :/
The Wizard is a great arrow, but it's still all about the Indian. :wink:

sleepy

Yeah, but of two equally skilled Indians, the one with the best arrows wins.... :p

TexasOutlaw said:
Yeah, but of two equally skilled Indians, the one with the best arrows wins.... :p

True. Which is why we should practice to become the best 'Indians' we can be...and be able to sink putts from 30' no matter what putter we're using. :wink:

sleepy

TexasOutlaw said:
Arrow-Red-ForWeb400.jpg

If you said putter, it might be a different story... :p

you can get the 5 wizard deal from gateway, gotta go gotta throw usually has a good deal for wizards also, mabey marshall street too? going through gotta go would be ideal, you can call (especially if you get blake) and pick your weights and such.

I can do 5 for $44.00 and that includes the shipping. Just pm me and we can set it up - that goes for anyone.

New and not misprints.

I bought the misprint deal from gateway and I cant tell that they are misprinted. They look normal to me. They sent me two sweet black ones that way too.

Jwt4412 said:
I can do 5 for $44.00 and that includes the shipping. Just pm me and we can set it up - that goes for anyone.

New and not misprints.

^ this is not a bad deal by any means, jwt is good to deal w/ and Im sure it wouldnt be hard to sway him to look up your firmnesses/ weights, Ive heard alot about marshall street and gateway sending predominately light mistamps. 1 light putter is nice, 5 is not ;-)

^^^what he said

Thatdirtykid said:
Ive heard alot about marshall street and gateway sending predominately light mistamps. 1 light putter is nice, 5 is not ;-)

One of the Wizards I got from Gateway is black and has the old Gateway stamp. During the three weeks that I got to play doubles someone tried to buy it from me during all three rounds. The best offer I got was $25 but I love that disc too much.

tell him I can sell him two of them for 10$ no gaurentees that they arent cracked though :-( oh well, I miss them, they flew/felt great

I had a question about the chalky black Wizards. I have two of them, both 175 soft and a couple more are on the way. My understanding is that they're chalky because of the weight filler, and the filler rises to the surface and makes them kind of powdery.

Well, I've been using mine for a couple of weeks and they're not really chalky anymore. Can enough filler escape from the disc that they'll completely lose that powder coating? Will they also weigh less now?

Thanks.

mine stayed fairly chalky, avoid letting them get too hot to cold this messes with wizard firmness and plastic.

Called Gateway this morning-- they did have 'some' black chalky Wizards in stock. I asked for the Wizard Mis-print special --we'll see what I get...

ive found that my E wizards are softer than the S Wizard Soft OR Supersoft.

I had some black chalky wizards a while back and they were just too hard for me.

mike

Thatdirtykid said:
mine stayed fairly chalky, avoid letting them get too hot to cold this messes with wizard firmness and plastic.

Can you explain more please? I'm interested in making my "soft" even more soft...

Pagan

Unable to find a local Gateway dealer, I bought a Wizard online. I guess it's the regular, and not the soft or supersoft. Will it say supersoft or soft on the disc? This one feels hard....like the OLD dx plastic.

it should say firm, medium, soft or super soft, otherwise it will just have F, M, S, SS.

Ah ha! On hte back....I just noticed the "M". If this is medium, what does "hard" feel like? I guess outside tomorrow, when it's 101*, it'll soften up a bit?

Latest posts