• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wizard school

I still have them in the bag because they feel the best out of any putter out there in my opinion, but I am always looking for something different.

isn't the Evolution HPP plastic usually clear?

I got one in the mail the other day and it's definitely opaque. feels like a star/esp with the slight slickness and mild floppiness. haven't gotten a chance to throw it yet though, too much snow.

Yeah, I have an E HPP Element and it's star-ish/ESP-ish and not stiff at all. My S Series is stiff, but not durable at all... I was hoping the E HPP would be stiff and durable, but it's as flexible as an SS Wizard!

I PMed Hoey asking if they make stiff and durable Elements and if Marshall Street has two in stock, but he must be on vacation with Forrest Gump's daddy because I aint heard back from him yet.

Maybe Gateway just can't make two discs that are the same? :roll:

A guy I play with throws an opaque EHPP wiz that's fairly stiff along the rim with some give in the plate...reminds me of star aviar driver in that way. So they're out there...

179321_1814801016729_1441176166_32080489_818600_n.jpg

Just renewed my Wizard stock & was wiping the discs clean yesterday, taking price tags off etc... and found this. I've ordered Wizards for promo etc... and have used them for years... so, I've probably had close to 300-400 of them in my hands...

This one (gray/purplish) is sporting a "lip" or "bead" on the INSIDE of the rim.. where your finger pads would rest in a power grip.

Any clue?

I had a warlock, voodoo, and other various wizards on hand to compare, but that's it. Nothing even remotely similar.

It's got a wiz stamp, and the weight/wiz on the center back, per usual. Plastic is beyond SSS.

Probably just cooled or molded funny. When he starts Ssss and SSSSS stuff, molding gets tricky

I have some wizards like that. S amd M's. It is a cooling effect. Let me know if you want to get rid of it/them. I like the way they feel in my hands. 8)

I've recently found the love for Wizards! But man there's a jungle of different plastics and stamps out there...
The only one I've tried is SS. Saw they were aviable in Organic, Glow, SSS, SS, S, M, Evolution, Eraser. Maybe some more. I know Gateway-discs are all over the map in concistency but are there any thumb rule of which plastic is the most stable--->understable? Thanks for replies.

Played in a winter league competition today, I had my old S Wizard with me, and it made for a damn fine baseline ION. Putting overall was on fire, I think I missed 3 putts inside the circle during 36 holes.

steezo said:
I have some wizards like that. S amd M's. It is a cooling effect. Let me know if you want to get rid of it/them. I like the way they feel in my hands. 8)

I'm actually digging it for a middie/driver putter... comes out of the hands much smoother than the regular wizard rim.

are all organic wizards pretty firm? i got one at an ice bowl yesterday and i'm liking the plastic.

The nice part about the inconsistent runs is the variety. We will never be left wishing for older discontinued runs, we just have to keep looking till we find the ones we like.

So I had been wanting to try a wizard out for sometime, and last saturday i got my chance. I was going to my local clubs Ice Bowl, and i got there rather early to get some warm up holes in, signed up and had about ohhh 15 minutes or so before the first round started, so i shopped around thier disc selection, I was hoping for a wall hanger with this years Ice Bowl stamp on it for cheap, and they have a few OG Wizards, the plastic felt amazing, with the stamp for $10 and i grabbed one up. I figured after the tourny i could give it a few tosses see what the hype is all about then put it on the wall, so i toss it in my bag and forget about it. The courses are really short and technical, so i was planning on a Mid/Putter day with some aiding and abetting from a driver now and again. I played my first round shot a 1 up which i find to be respectable for Novice(Even though next tourny im moving up so I can have less competition, i.e FUCKING BAGGERS), but still i was a little dissapointed with myself, after a lunch of reflection and seeing that I was way out of the money due to the dudes shooting 42s in my division, i figured i would start to throw the Wizard, and whoa, first hole a bogey, then i went on a 7 birdie streak, which felt amazing to bad the 5 and two 4s that came later kinda took the edge off, but i was able to slide into the last spot to get payout, Needless to say this disc is fucking amazing, i actually felt like a connection with the thing, and i need more, suddenly stacks of wizards as tall as a toddler dont seem ridiculous any more! I feel this is a must try disc just for the sheer awesome that is this disc!

Latest posts