• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Wizard vs Warden Putters

Pros/Cons? I mainly putt with a Wizard but want to try the beadless Warden.

Having used both, here are the comparisons and contrasts, assuming base plastic, same similar weights, same seaoning:

1. Wizard beaded, Warden not beaded, as you said. Warden is called the beadless Judge. There might have been a few debates around here on whether the Wizard or Judge is better (the Judge RULES, of course! :) ).

2. The Wizard is more overstable than the Warden. Both will beat in (depending on plastic) and the Warden will stay a bit less stable than the Wizard.

3. The Wizard has a bit more glide than the Warden.

4. Both are good; it will simply come down to your personal comfort level with each one.

Is the most similar shape to the Warden. And offered in vastly superior plastic.

I have putted with the DD and Gateway putters. I think both have great plastic blends that have their own benefits. I wish I could get a DD putter as hard as Soft Gateway plastic, but the Gateway Soft also dinged up much more easily than DD Classic Hard. Just like everything else in life, it is up to preference.

If you're already putting with a Wizard, just get a couple Voodoos. Don't overthink it.

I have two wizards and a classic aviar. I was putting together a new bag for traveling and wanted to try a new brand of putter.

For long distance putts (25ft+) I use a Millenium Aurora that is the straightest flying disc I've found.

The Millennium Standard Aurora MS is a mid range driver that is straight. The Aurora MS is perhaps the truest flying disc ever made. With no rollover and virtually no fade, the Aurora MS gives surprising distance for a midrange driver. All you do is control the angle and watch it make an awesome right curve, left curve, or a dead straight shot.

That said, Play Smart, Keep It Simple, Throw Millennium.

The Millennium Standard Aurora MS is a mid range driver that is straight. The Aurora MS is perhaps the truest flying disc ever made. With no rollover and virtually no fade, the Aurora MS gives surprising distance for a midrange driver. All you do is control the angle and watch it make an awesome right curve, left curve, or a dead straight shot.

That said, Play Smart, Keep It Simple, Throw Millennium.

I threw Millenium for years I still have a QMS, Omega, and JLS that I refuse to let go.