• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Flattest Warden Plastic?

jrsmith43

Have been throwing a prime Warden of the tee to 200 and on approach shots. Digging the interesting way it resists high speed turn compared to a Pure. Subtle difference but I like the way it carries distance when there is enough ceiling to give it a little height Opto and Lucid plastic from trilogy almost always has more dome than base plastics in my experience with mids and drivers. I don't want more glide as Warden has plenty already. What premium more durable plastic is closest to base warden flight characteristics? The 2021 AJ Ridley hybrid Warden looks like a possibility.

Not looking for a different disc and don't want plastic choice to sort of do that to the Warden.

Already also have Envy, Pure and Harp as throwing putters. Don't necessarily bag each all of the time but like things about each for different shots.

Last edited:
I bag AJ hybrid from 2019 as well as Classic and a Classic blend. I'd say they all started out board flat, but all have the similar "shoulder" that makes them fee a bit more domey than say baseline Pures. The Blend has already developed a bit of a puddle top, but the shoulder is still there.

For me the AJ is the most OS, with the Classics getting straighter especially after some use.

I don't think you are going to find a Pure like Warden as the disc is just inherently a bit taller.

You actually answered the question with exactly what I was looking for. I guess I missed the point
in wording my question somewhat, but you got it anyway.

Not looking for a better Pure. The taller profile and shoulder shape is part of what I like so much in the Warden. It fills my hand shape very naturally and just has a better in the hand than the pure as a throwing putter. It sounds like the AJ hybrid is a good step up from prime and classic in that it will hold power from a harder tee throw. Straight off the shelf prime and classic Warden is awesome, but wears in from that perfect stability pretty quickly. Wanting best balance of durability to hold onto that "new" Warden feel.

My experience with opto / lucid with truth, fuse and explorer is that they all have more dome in the flight plate than base plastic. Retro explorer is flat, opto is domed. I have a lucid-x explorer but it is just more OS in general.

You actually answered the question with exactly what I was looking for. I guess I missed the point
in wording my question somewhat, but you got it anyway.

Not looking for a better Pure. The taller profile and shoulder shape is part of what I like so much in the Warden. It fills my hand shape very naturally and just has a better in the hand than the pure as a throwing putter. It sounds like the AJ hybrid is a good step up from prime and classic in that it will hold power from a harder tee throw. Straight off the shelf prime and classic Warden is awesome, but wears in from that perfect stability pretty quickly. Wanting best balance of durability to hold onto that "new" Warden feel.

My experience with opto / lucid with truth, fuse and explorer is that they all have more dome in the flight plate than base plastic. Retro explorer is flat, opto is domed. I have a lucid-x explorer but it is just more OS in general.
Yeah, all the baseline drivers and mids I have from Trilogy are pretty much board flat and don't really like any of them.

The shoulder thing with putters is a bit weird for me. With Pure the Zero and Opto are mostly all flat, but the Zero ones just feel much shallower and flatter. With Wardens that hasn't been as pronounced and like I said I especially love the AJ hybrid as a true driving putter.

Latest posts