• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wolf adjusted for Disc Golf

DikkaD

Eagle Member
So my normal foursome wanted to try something different than doubles or every man for himself. I suggested Wolf which I learned playing ball golf. The basic premise is that the "Wolf" can either play by himself or pick a partner based on how they do on their drive or their handicap. The wolf is rotated each hole and you get double points for winning as the Wolf (not picking a partner).

The only thing I changed is on par 3's less than 250 you have to pick before they shoot (rather than all par 3's you have to pick before hand). We had fun though there was a learning curve.

Does anyone else play Wolf during casual rounds with friends?:thmbup: Any more suggestions to make it more adaptable?

Wolf Link
http://www.golflink.com/how_260_play-wolf.html

played it with five once...made it even more interesting.

we had to choose our partner right after their drive, before the next player threw.

if two won the hole, they got 3 points. if three got the hole, they won 2 points.

if you played wolf and took it, 4 points.

i like the par 3 under 250 idea.

We play wolf regularly when we have five.

The wolf shoots last. He picks someone as his partner by saying "wolf" or howling after their disc has left their hand but before it touches the ground. The game now becomes texas scramble, 2 vs 3. Everyone on the winning team for that hole gets one point. If the wolf doesn't pick a partner, he plays lone wolf- the other 4 play texas scramble as one team: if they win they each get one point, if the wolf wins he get four points.

Wolf is great, and is best with five people.

You have to make sure everybody gets a chance to tee off first an equal number of times. The first to tee off one each hole gets either to cry wolf on their own shot, thereby going it alone with a chance for 4 points if he beats everyone else, or choose a partner. If he doesn't choose until the last person, he's partnered up with that person. Then it's 2 on 3 best shot. If you cry wolf, it's 1 on 4 best shot, so you'd better have a damn good drive or an ace if you're crying wolf.

This is one of my favorite games to play, and it's definitely a good one to play on more difficult, longer layouts.

We play wolf as a skins game. If wolf is called skins for that hole are doubled. 5 players you always follow the same player off the tee and it rotates, must play 15 or 20 or and other # of holes dived by 5, 2 vs 3 or 1 vs 4 teeing player only one that can choose wolf 1 vs 4. If not wolf he picks a partner based on their drive but can't go back to someone once the next player has thrown.

Played countless games of wolf in San Diego. It's a very common game down there. We usually played dime wolf, played quarter wolf once in a while and you can win a fair amount. Game is best played with 5 ppl. Super fun.

We also played with a "Pre-Wolf" option, where the wolf could call wolf before they even threw, tripling the value of the hole. So if you're playing quarter wolf, and you've pushed 3 holes in a row, the 4 hole would be worth $3. And if you win it playing with 5 ppl, four ppl owe you $3. We had a few games where we had a bunch of pushes, including wolf pushes, and pre-wolf pushes. Some holes were worth $15+ per person.

Good times. People in Portland don't gamble nearly as much as Californians. :(

We do a winter fun league with rotating games like that. Wolf, and 5-disc Battle golf are the ones that we play every year, the other formats seem to get changed up a bit.

It's a good time.

WCG, GoodDriveBadPutt, Mashnut, et al. and I have played some rounds of Wolf together. It's a fun alternative when there's an odd number of people wanting to play dubs (and no one wants to be Cali).

Not something I'd want to do every week, or even every month, but it IS fun. I've seen people shoot super well over the course of a round and lose to someone who made like 2 shots the whole time, so it's by no means a serious game.

Wolf is best with 5. We play where the first hole is worth 1, and is doubled if wolf is called. If the hole is pushed then the points are pushed too. It usually makes for one big hole where 3 (if not 4) players are virtually eliminated from winning. Maybe it would be better if points weren't pushed and wolf was worth 4 on every hole, anybody played with those rules?

Played countless games of wolf in San Diego. It's a very common game down there. We usually played dime wolf, played quarter wolf once in a while and you can win a fair amount. Game is best played with 5 ppl. Super fun.

We also played with a "Pre-Wolf" option, where the wolf could call wolf before they even threw, tripling the value of the hole. So if you're playing quarter wolf, and you've pushed 3 holes in a row, the 4 hole would be worth $3. And if you win it playing with 5 ppl, four ppl owe you $3. We had a few games where we had a bunch of pushes, including wolf pushes, and pre-wolf pushes. Some holes were worth $15+ per person.

Good times. People in Portland don't gamble nearly as much as Californians. :(

I wish I could get this going but my dg friends thank gambling is dumb:confused: We just play with points, which is kinda pointless. In ball golf I used to play for quarters all the time. Mostly ended up paying the other guys off though.

I might need to find some more Houstonians that like to gamble.:thmbup:

I've played a bunch of $1 rounds, never a money round of wolf. I do like wolf though, it's a lot of fun for a group of 5 and adds some extra strategy on picking the players that will help you without giving those players enough skins to beat you.

I've played wolf with a BUNCH of people. One of them was a sponsored pro, and he kept getting picked. Totally not in his favor with that many people.

I have played Wolf many times, obviously there are many variations. We play for 25¢ skins. Every point is a skin and add them all up at the end of the round.