• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wooded, hilly courses with extreme rollaway risks

I'm mixed.

We have a lot of it in east Tennessee. One of my home courses, Tommy Schumpert, has some incredibly step holes. And I find them annoying. It is annoying to keep your bag from sliding/toppling down a hill when you throw. It is annoying to struggle to not slide out of you legal stance on a bunch of leaves or lose dirt, etc, etc.

i updated minnesota that had 2 courses wrong with "heavily wooded and very hilly"

smh

Makes me think of Calvary Hill... moderately hilly. Half of the course is flat, yep, and then the other half is nearly vertical. :D

At least in my memory it is, maybe it's not as steep as I recall.

Makes me think of Calvary Hill... moderately hilly. Half of the course is flat, yep, and then the other half is nearly vertical. :D

At least in my memory it is, maybe it's not as steep as I recall.

very true its a very abrupt contrast

you have the flat field with scattered trees then you have up and down the big ass hill

so what should we do on here split the difference

Yup, it's truly moderately hilly. But in a weird way, I can't think of many other courses laid out quite like that one.

I live in the Pacific Northwest where its rainy and muddy for a good portion of the year, and steep holes that might be challenging in the middle of the summer are absolutely dangerous when it's wet and slippery; sharp roots, stumps and blackberry vines are common on our wooded courses. Danger doesn't seem to be a consideration for our course designers.

I live in the Pacific Northwest where its rainy and muddy for a good portion of the year, and steep holes that might be challenging in the middle of the summer are absolutely dangerous when it's wet and slippery; sharp roots, stumps and blackberry vines are common on our wooded courses. Danger doesn't seem to be a consideration for our course designers.

I hear what you're saying. My solution to that type of play has always been to disc up and power down. And carry a full bag so that all your options are covered. The worst part is carrying a wet towel that you need to use on every disc. Cork boots help with the slipping, and quality rain gear keeps you comfortable.

I like Inverness. Hills don't bother me. But I would not play the long tees there. As an older guy who doesn't throw very far the courses I don't like are the very long ones where there is only one tee

Latest posts