• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] wooded holes

Stalker, Buzzz, Wizard, or if it's short or goes right, my trusty 168g brainwaved Fuse. River also works for the longer straight shots. Gator or Predator if I decide those trees should never had existed in the first place.

LOTS of tight wooded holes around here. I throw, based on distance and ceiling height; a beat small bead aviar, a buzzz SS or beat roc, worn pro leopard and if I really want to go for it a star roadrunner.

Roadrunners are capable of laser beams if you throw them right.

how about the amps?

Re. MVP:
I still haven't figured out what my White FR Amp is, but so far, understable/straight it is not.

I can safely put my Magenta volt on a nice low straight line (albeit with a forward penetrating skip/fade).

My Tangent is pretty point and shoot, I suspect that it would be great for a tight wooded hole, but haven't really put it to that test yet,

--------
Re. the OP:
My Opto Fuse hyzer-flips beautifully to nuts straight, no fade whatsoever. Love it in the woods.

it really depends on the hole... i'll throw anything from a putter to a roadrunner and everything in between. the fast stuff stays in the bag on wooded holes.

Dead nuts straight at different distances. River, Buzz SS, Flippy pro rhyno

Hyzer- Bh Pred, Eagle, Buzz, or maybe a Zone

Anhyzer- Flicking a Zone, Eagle, or Teedevil

Generally, most of my bag in the woods (since of over 12 courses, it would be tough to make up an "all-star" 18 hole course with all open holes. We don't do "open" here,) though I won't generally go faster than a Beast, a few holes around town notwithstanding.

If we're talking about straight tunnel shots, usually Cryztal Buzzz, but the Axis is making a play for the slot. For tunnel shots over 300ft, I'm still working both a River and Volt, not sure where that will end up, but the Volt is more predictable for me.

depends on the distance and line required ... could be a dead straight hyzer-flipped XD, could be a meat hook hyzer z predator. pretty much anything in my bag except for a max D driver.

I like hyzerflipping a Gl Fuse or a Gl Core for around 300' and a little further, a sweetly worn Gl Saint for anything longer, and either a TM2 Pure, RGl Pure, or an Opto Pure for something shorter.

I don't discriminate against any of my discs. They all want to be thrown and well damn it I'm going to oblige them. If it's tight and wooded I'll throw anything and everything that will get me closer to the basket. I don't care if it's production run, OOP or any other kind of disc...if it gets me parked by the basket you can bet it's getting thrown. Now if you bring water into play...that's another story.

Short to medium length shots: Beadless Aviar, Clutch putter or DX XD
Medium to long: DX Roc or 150 class Champ leopard
Long: well worn Champ Beast
Super-long: ? still searching

KC Banshee, Beat Star Monster and beat star Whippet. Unlike most, I will pull out a destroyer for tight wooded shots. Depending on terrain and lines, I find a forehand roller with a Banshee to be very useful.

What, none of you guys have any wooded courses! Only us North Carolinians have tight wooded courses. ;)

Seriously, any neutral mid or putter that is in my bag. Fuse, Core or Pure typically depending on the shot. Tinkering with a Mace right now for shots that need some fade in the woods. It seems to me that the putters and mids get less damaging kicks off tress when I do shank a shot also. Instead of being 100' buried in the trees maybe I'll only be 10' in the trees. Easy recovery shots when I do screw up. Then the throw a thumber to save par!

My home course is entirely wooded shots, so pretty much everything in my bag. I tend to stick with slower stuff like Rocs, Gators, Zones, and Mercies though.

Whatever disc matches the line I'm trying to throw. It's more about knowing how each of your discs fly than having a specific disc for wooded shots.

I used to have this R-Wood Pro Ontario Roc that was pretty cool. I should have never traded that thing away.

I have been using my shock and stag. The shock would get used exclusively but it's black, so it disappears easily

Tight & Short: Roc
Tight & Longer: Leopard or maybe a Teebird
Thumber: Predator

Latest posts