• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

World map of courses

Do you like the idea of have a map of all the Disc Golf Courses available?

• Yes

Votes: 32 74.4%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 10 23.3%

• Total voters
thats what a AAA trip tik is for. bring in the gps coordinates to the store and they can map it out for you.
That seems like a bit too much effort when you can just use googlemaps for that. I like how it lets you drag your route through different roads if you don't like the initial route it gives you, but I think what Tim is saying is that his software doesn't include routes/destinations like the normal maps.google.com site.

I think currently we have more than enough capability. I go side by side with google maps to get directions or point to point if I need it. It really doesn't take that much effort to open another explorer window and open up google maps. Don't listen to them Timg you'll go crazy trying to over due something that exists and functions well.

I think it's fine the way it is too. I haven't even needed to get point to point directions...I just use the map we have on here, and I remember the directions, so it is simple. Sometimes my girlfriend writes them down just in case, but I am usually pretty good at just looking at the map and going there. What we have is perfect for right now. If it can be improved later without bothering Timg, then I say go for it, but now there is no need to stress the man out.

If you click on "Map Course" on the course pages it'll open it up in Google Maps and then you can do directions from there.

hmmmmm. Somebody tinkered with the radius :D I like! lots more courses showing up on the intial map zoom. kudos o great disc golf map genius :cool:

I agree, and timg that is exactly what I was looking for. If you click int he middle of the page you can see all the courses withint that page (almost always). That is on the middle zoom, which has enough detail to figure out approximately where those courses are, but is big enough to plan a day trip too!

Awesome tim and it doesnt look any slower to me, hopefully this can stay the way it is now.

hmmm, it goes up to like 60 miles now. not sure what happened then

It looks different to me, too. Had all of the courses within about a hundred miles show up on my fist click. That has never happened before. Could it be something to do with browser memory?

Just might be the area you clicked. The formula isn't precise so sometimes courses outside of the radius will show up.

Just might be the area you clicked. The formula isn't precise so sometimes courses outside of the radius will show up.

VERY ODD! you mean all we have to do is concentrate really hard on a change we want and it happens? If you're serious and haven't touched anything then this is REALLY weird!!! I spend way too much time on this site not to notice the difference on the map, especially since I have recently been inputing all my planned rounds for the summer based on known trips I am taking.

I think you're pulling a leg or two.... If not, then kudos to the server map gremlins :D

Jace, I thought it might be april fools in that he didnt do anything but I actually noted the time and it was this AM so maybe he pulled an april fools on himself.

I notciced I was able to get all the courses between milwaukee and madison and that has never been the case before.

Not sure what to tell you guys.. I definitely didn't do anything so it's a mystery to me.

Latest posts