• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] World or Catapult

anrew18

Par Member
I can put my giants out to 330 on a straight to hyzer finish, and was looking for something fairly similar to my giants that I might be able to get a little more distance out of.

TIA

If your only getting a Giant to 330 the world probably won't go much farther for you. Not sure about the catapult.

Have you tried a King? The more stable VIP ones I have will crush(400-450) and won't turn and burn unless it's really windy.

If your only getting a Giant to 330 the world probably won't go much farther for you. Not sure about the catapult.

Have you tried a King? The more stable VIP ones I have will crush(400-450) and won't turn and burn unless it's really windy.

I haven't tried the king. I have seen a lot of good things posted about it but also a lot on consistency issues. I may pick up a VIP kind and give it a whirl.

Give it a shot, the TP is usually too flippy for me, but all but two of the 9 VIP ones I have were at least stable enough to get good distance with.

Give it a shot, the TP is usually too flippy for me, but all but two of the 9 VIP ones I have were at least stable enough to get good distance with.

Very interesting! Notebly less flippy than a Bolt it sounds like? Is the elasto too stable for a 300' arm? Thinking about getting a Frost bolt but this sounds nice.

How far do you throw your Saint and Thunderbird?

The only Giants I have thrown were insanely OS so I don't know what 330' means with that because I've definitely seen people throw Giants that turn and could get some distance, but the ones I've thrown would max there for me while I can throw less stable drivers in the 400 range.

The World can be a good straight to fade disc, but I've also thrown several that had quite a bit of turn even from the start. If you got the right one then it would be a good disc for this shot in calm to mild winds. Their not true HSS shows its face in moderate or higher winds, even if it is pretty straight in calm.

I like the Bio Defender for this shot, it's less stable than the Giants I have thrown but it's more overstable than the World. The World will go farther but the Defender is more consistent on different throws and winds. What it comes down to is how far you can throw something like the Saint/how overstable your Giant is for if you'd rather have the World or the Bio Defender.

The King is very understable...it's a distance shot hyzer flip disc. The only thing it has in common with the other discs is that it is fast. They can bomb though, but it's definitely not a straight to fade disc.

If you aren't concerned about high wind resistance then I'd also look into a domey Gstar Destroyer. It should fly like a 12/5/-1/2.5...consistent golf lines with a left finish. It has less fade and more glide than the World, but isn't unpredictable at all. The World will want to hit the ground while fading with some speed still...it can definitely produce some skips even on long shots which is an interesting aspect of that disc.

Very interesting! Notebly less flippy than a Bolt it sounds like? Is the elasto too stable for a 300' arm? Thinking about getting a Frost bolt but this sounds nice.

It's more predictable than a Bolt, you'd probably like it.

It's more predictable than a Bolt, you'd probably like it.

Crap, I got a used one available for 8$, you think a elasto that haven't been too beaten up is still stable enough? Don't know yet how much Swedish Gummy plastic is changing in flight. Gold is heavily affected for example.

Maybe I should just throw my old but barely thrown unusually stable Gold Bolt in a few trees and get it to my liking (not as flippy as the newer one).

How far do you throw your Saint and Thunderbird?

The only Giants I have thrown were insanely OS so I don't know what 330' means with that because I've definitely seen people throw Giants that turn and could get some distance, but the ones I've thrown would max there for me while I can throw less stable drivers in the 400 range.

The World can be a good straight to fade disc, but I've also thrown several that had quite a bit of turn even from the start. If you got the right one then it would be a good disc for this shot in calm to mild winds. Their not true HSS shows its face in moderate or higher winds, even if it is pretty straight in calm.

I like the Bio Defender for this shot, it's less stable than the Giants I have thrown but it's more overstable than the World. The World will go farther but the Defender is more consistent on different throws and winds. What it comes down to is how far you can throw something like the Saint/how overstable your Giant is for if you'd rather have the World or the Bio Defender.

The King is very understable...it's a distance shot hyzer flip disc. The only thing it has in common with the other discs is that it is fast. They can bomb though, but it's definitely not a straight to fade disc.

If you aren't concerned about high wind resistance then I'd also look into a domey Gstar Destroyer. It should fly like a 12/5/-1/2.5...consistent golf lines with a left finish. It has less fade and more glide than the World, but isn't unpredictable at all. The World will want to hit the ground while fading with some speed still...it can definitely produce some skips even on long shots which is an interesting aspect of that disc.

I can put my Saint 300 feet on a really straight line with minimal fade. I have two Giants a 174g TP and an Air Giant. I mainly use the TP into a head wind. and yes if it is a strong head wind it will turn, but will come back. but on calm days I can put the TP giant 330 feet with no turn and about 60 feet of fade. the Air Giant is touchy but is fun to throw with no wind. similar flight but a little more turn. can put that one about 350.

I think what I am looking for is something I can still mash on (calm or mild winds) and stay stable and hopefully get a little farther than my giants.

I have a boatman that I put around the same distance but its a little slower speed so I'm looking for a discs the has better distance potential. but falls between the two in terms of flight pattern.

Crap, I got a used one available for 8$, you think a elasto that haven't been too beaten up is still stable enough? Don't know yet how much Swedish Gummy plastic is changing in flight. Gold is heavily affected for example.

Maybe I should just throw my old but barely thrown unusually stable Gold Bolt in a few trees and get it to my liking (not as flippy as the newer one).

from what I understand in most cases Elasto is generally more stable.

I can put my giants out to 330 on a straight to hyzer finish, and was looking for something fairly similar to my giants that I might be able to get a little more distance out of.

TIA

I really like the Catapult and it will def outdistance your Giant while still being controlled. I throw it a lot. Ballista for outright distance though. Those three are a nice fast driver line up.

I never liked the World.

I used to throw Catapults when they first came out. For me, the very first one I bought (TP) was a big bomber with a good balance of turn and fade. Every one since then was so beefy it was almost unthrowable. I figured I would give it time to break in but it never worked out. The VIP ones were more reasonable, but I prefer the feel of TP. I ended up searching for the perfect one again, collecting 12 Catapult's and still could not find one that flew like the first one.

I would recommend trying out a recycled TP Giant, especially if you are already throwing the Giant. It does not have as big of a bite, and they quickly beat into a nice consistent bomber.

Knowing those distances and that you have the wind covered I'd look at a Gstar Destroyer then...sounds like you want a long distance consistent golf shot. I haven't thrown the Catapult/Ballista, but I wouldn't go for the World (too much fade to get super long flights at that range) and the Defender will be too OS for more distance.

I'm surprised that your Saint isn't going farther, with the stability of the Saints and Giants I have thrown it's been way easier for me to throw a Saint 350' than a Giant.

I'm surprised that your Saint isn't going farther, with the stability of the Saints and Giants I have thrown it's been way easier for me to throw a Saint 350' than a Giant.

I could probably put the Saint around 330 but things start getting a lot less predictable lol.

That reminds me another option is a Trespass...similar stability to mellow/Gstar Destroyers but in Trilogy plastic since you seem to like that. Should be a pretty straight disc with usable turn and fade.