• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] World vs. Giant

Please Westside, don't make me wait until March for the other newbs, esp. the Hatchet.

I'd like to see these "multiple reports"... :rolleyes:

Hoping this is simply a longer Giant with a little more glide. I LOVED my Giants, but at this point I can push my D2 out on the same lines with more distance.

Hoping this is simply a longer Giant with a little more glide. I LOVED my Giants, but at this point I can push my D2 out on the same lines with more distance.

There was actually a quote posted in another thread describing the opinions of other players of this disc...its being described as quite similar to that of a boss. 13/5/-1/3. It sounds like a more stable (hopefully consistent) havoc. I will definately be holding off for a bit to wait for more reports, because I really dont see how these can kick out my trespasses.

edit: courtesy of keikko:

From finnish pro shops description: "Pieni ennakkoerä Westsiden uutta Vip muovista Maailmaa. Ensitestien perusteella kiekko on aavistuksen Bossia alivakaampi, vaikka valmistajan antamat lentoarvot antavat ymmärtää, että kyseessä on ylivakaa pitkänmatkan draiveri. Lentoarvot voisivat olla lähempänä 13/5/-1/3 kuin 13/4/1/4" "First test show that its slightly less stable than Boss. Ratings are closer to 13/5/-1/3." Its not even close to stiletto. Typical westside supercharging again. Might be nice disc anyways.

So it sounds like the flight of a longer, beaten in Giant. Fresh off the shelf the VIP/TP Giants didn't have -1 HSS, but it could certainly see them getting there after some time.

The Air Giants throw more like an OS Boss for me. A little bit of high speed turn (maybe -0.5) and a nice, hard forward penetrating fade.

I dont know if it will be longer than a giant. I think it might be a tick faster, a tick less glide, and a little more left to right movement than the giant. Especially if people are saying it may be less stable than a boss....maybe comparable to a light tourney giant thats beat in with less glide. cant wait to hear from the dgcr's once they throw them

Lat64 westside and DD facebook group. lots of their sponsored players including emac have gotten their discs already.

Disc Golf Center has them, 166g is the lightest. Might have to wait for Air Worlds.

I got to throw mine late last night. I got a 170g as I dont throw max weight. I really liked throwing it. On a 400 ft shot I got a hint of turn and it has a very smooth hard fade. Let me explain the fade, in my opinion if doesnt fall out of the sky like a star DS destroyer it has more of a wraith like fade that pushes a little forward as it fades. It is a very fast discs, much like the Giant, but I cannot see it handling head wind with the same temperament as a Giant. As for glide, I dont see any less then found in my Giant. I think that it will be a good disc for players that find the Giant too overstable or dont have the technique to throw it like it was designed. For those that currently like and bag the Giant I think that there is going to be a bit too much overlap to bag it, but it is deffinately worth throwing and testing for themselves. Ill be going out to throw in 25-30mph winds tomorrow, if I see anything different i will let you guys know.

That is for sure closer to a Boss. Rim specs on PDGA as slightly smaller at 2.4. I struggle a bit more with the 2.5 rims, Boss, Cannon, Nuke, etc. My grip feels better on 2.3 to 2.4. I will definitely have to try one of these out next year as a max D / headwind disc.

so its either a Boss/Halo :/

If any more of you guys get world throwers and have experience with the giant would you please let me know your impressions. I have two max weight worlds on the way and was hoping that they would be a headwind compliment to my halos. I have however never thrown a giant. BTW im getting about 400-425 with my halos

Latest posts