• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Worst Customer Service from Marshall Street

Steezo

Eagle Member
Hello DGer's

What are your opinions on this....

I called Marshall Street on Monday and spoke with Peter. I called to verify that the 3 Mercy's they have on the site are 170g as listed. I spoke with Peter and point blank asked him if he can weigh these and make sure they are 170g. He replied yes and then took my order over the phone for two of them. I called on Monday as I knew I needed these for my ONLY tournament this weekend- OUTLAWS baby!! I get the discs in the mail on Wednesday and to my surprise, Marshall Street put their own sticker on the front of the disc stating 170g but on the bottom of both discs are Lat64's sticker stating 174g. I put them on the scale and what you do you think that lil digi scale told me- It told me, "HEY- MS fcked up- these are exactly 174g." I immediately call MS and leave a VM for Peter to call me the next day. Peter never calls so I call him. Peter apologies and trys to find some light Mercy's. All he finds are two 172g Mercys. I proceed to tell Peter, EXTREMELY calmly that I am disappointed but we can work through it. I advise Peter that I will email MS a prepaid label for NEXTDAY shipping so I can have my discs on Friday. Peter said that they can reimburse me the shipping charges. I tell Peter that is will cost me around $23 to have them overnight and wondered if I can just keep the two $9.99 174g Mercys they sent. He said he will have to ask the Manager and call me back.

So Trent, the manager calls me advised that I can ship the two incorrect discs back at the LOWEST COST SHIPPING RATE (meaning slowest) and then when they receive them they will send out the new discs and credit my CC the return fee. I explained to Trent my frustration about calling the store, my need for the discs by Friday and my desire to pay for NEXTDAY shipping. Trent stated that MS WILL NOT GO OUT OF THEIR WAY to print my label off and drop the package off at a FedEx location (15miles away). I then told Trent to "man up" and take care of a customer that specifically called MS and had them confirm the weight of the discs. Trent got hot on the phone about the "man up" comment and then refused to give me his name. I kept asking until he told me.

I can't believe this from MS. I have ordered stuff from them since 2006 and had some other problems that were resolved immediately.

Rant off- Disc Nation it is for now on.

You sure your scale is right? I'm pretty sure that MS started weighing each disc they get in against the manufacturer's labeling a few years ago, which is why you get the two weight stickers.

In any case, if your scale is legit, then bad on Peter-the first guy- who said he'd weigh them before they shipped. Good customer service means you have to go out of the way to please the customer, even if it seems a little OCD.

I'm not sure why Peter said he'd reimburse you on the $23 next day shipping. They owe you two discs, but at the normal shipping rate, they don't owe you anything outside of that. It would have been nice if they reimbursed the $23 shipping, and gone out of their way to travel 15 miles to a fedex depot, but not necessary.

They messed up, now it's just going to take a little extra time to correct it. Shit happens.

So far I have never found a latitude disc that's off more than a gram from the factory sticker(and I have a few), so I'm betting the error is on Mst's end.

Didn't realize that this was a 18 page stupid-a-thon on dgcr, i feel so embarrassed for posting.

steezo said:
I just paged through that dgcr thread a bit.

My opinion is that society as a whole (and apparently moreso, disc golf) is screwed and that you're about par with my 5 year old daughter in terms of emotional stability. Jebus.

I will be going into work with a totally different light on real issues tomorrow and be thankful that I sell shit to businesses instead of joe blow public. Shit.

Flipflat said:
Shit happens.
There it is.

Good luck with the tourney this weekend. Don't miss low.

Hoey said:
jsun3thousand said:
steezo, you're my hero right now.
then a bunch of people said:
gruff gruff gruff (like a huffy dog) unstable! childish! grow the sport! (u haz "grow the spork" dyez in stockz? wheee!)

maybe DGR remembers steezo ... his golden age of posting was a few years ago. DGCR certainly doesn't know steezo.
the thing about steezo is that he's not just trolling us, or them, or MSt, he's trolling our entire dimension. he might be the smartest person i've ever met (nobody can fucking tell because he's beyond us). as i said on FB he's likely an alien, a psychic, or in witness protection.

he is fucking with you like a warm blanket.

DGCR is fun in a weird way. Like gettin with a plumper when you know other peeps saw you leave with her and you know everyone is goin be hatin but you don't mind cause plump juice is the da shit.

ZAM and I are going to be designing a stamp. Some sort of evil Stove buring the kaka poo-poo out of plastic and showing no mercy. Maybe a stamp design with a statement, MAN UP and SHOW NO MERCY. You can get this stamp on any disc you like as long as it is 170g. ( please note that every disc sent out will be anything but 170g)

On a side note- Look what MS and those 4grams did to my dog. Poor Fido
Dog-and-Frisbee-Meet-a-Tree-634x422.jpg

On par with your 5 year old but you throw a jab at the end of your post- 8)

what'shisname said:
steezo said:
I just paged through that dgcr thread a bit.

My opinion is that society as a whole (and apparently moreso, disc golf) is screwed and that you're about par with my 5 year old daughter in terms of emotional stability. Jebus.

I will be going into work with a totally different light on real issues tomorrow and be thankful that I sell shit to businesses instead of joe blow public. Shit.

Flipflat said:
Shit happens.
There it is.

Good luck with the tourney this weekend. Don't miss low.

I'm sorry but 4 grams are not going to help you win a tournament, that guy steezo seems like a complete tool. Marshall street does a good job with their service, we are lucky they are even willinh to weigh every disc. They could just have gone by the manufacturer weights, instead they pay someone to do the mundane job of weighing every price of plastic that enter their store.

How do you know?
vtbuzzz said:
I'm sorry but 4 grams are not going to help you win a tournament, that guy steezo seems like a complete tool.

vtbuzzz said:
They could just have gone by the manufacturer weights, instead they pay someone to do the mundane job of weighing every price of plastic that enter their store.
No they don't. They weigh the disc themselves. No one has been hired just to weigh discs at any store. None. Not even one. Zero. :D