• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Worst Customer Service from MSt

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP...you have not steered me away from MST. Thread failed. MST is definitely the best online DG retailer. Fastest shipping by far.

On another note, there is no way you could feel a 4 gram difference if you were holding a 174 and a 170g disc. I agree with an previous post, if it's so crucial for all your bodily issues...why not do yourself a favor and throw something you can actually feel the difference on.

Trent, you still have my business!

Shame on you Trent and your shady business practices. :thmbdown:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Coming from the guy who tried to rip off Disc Nation's own pictures for that whole "Rack display" thread. You should know shady when you see it, considering your own actions screamed "shady."

Bravo, glad to see there are still some reasonable people in this world who know what good service is versus bad. :thmbup:

Thanks, you can shop at any Halloween Express if you would like to support our business!

I would like to hear MS side of the story on this one. I will admit, it sounds super shady.

2nd page, near the bottom.

I say MS is liable for breach of warranty for fitness for a particular purpose.

Judge Cyclone has ruled.

Disbar this man!

In regards to the OP, digi scales are often very inaccurate. There is often a few gram margin of error.

OP...you have not steered me away from MST. Thread failed. MST is definitely the best online DG retailer. Fastest shipping by far.

On another note, there is no way you could feel a 4 gram difference if you were holding a 174 and a 170g disc. I agree with an previous post, if it's so crucial for all your bodily issues...why not do yourself a favor and throw something you can actually feel the difference on.

Trent, you still have my business!

,hwhether he can tell the difference or not is irrelevant

I know my scale at home NEVER matches the stickers on discs. It's a ghetto cheapy that just gets within +/- 3G of the actual (weighed elsewhere or factory weights). Close enough you cant tell the difference.

I'd say they could have weighed 170g at MST. What if the OP received the scaled 172's and he scaled them at 176g?

Man that would be fun times.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Coming from the guy who tried to rip off Disc Nation's own pictures for that whole "Rack display" thread. You should know shady when you see it, considering your own actions screamed "shady."

Along with Innova's copy write material. He's the last person that should be talking about ethics.

After following this thread all day, here are my $.02, which are about as valuable as anyone else's:

OP definitely could have handled his tone on the phone better. Nothing will put people off more than someone being rude and entitled, even if they may be in the right.

At the same time, I feel that if Marshall Street would have gone the extra (15) mile(s) to get the OP his discs, this thread could have been one praising Marshall Street for its excellent customer service and going out of the way to make someone happy. I don't think this would have caused a slippery slope of always having to drive to the FedEx location to satisfy a quick order, because this sounds like a truly unique situation.

Two wrongs didn't make a right here. Turns out what my mama said is true.

Thanks, you can shop at any Halloween Express if you would like to support our business!

Yeah...because coming on DGCR and bashing another company in an attempt to show how "perfect" your business runs and how awesome of a manager you are is good ethics.

As much as people may want to say Marshall Street should have done more, look what happened to dynamic discs. They started doing mystery boxes (deal where you pay 100$ for 200$ worth of discs but it was supposed to be random) then someone pretty much asked if they could hand pick there box but pay half price (for those of you who remember this I'm sure that makes sense to you). After they "went the extra mile" and gave him his hand picked box where he essentially bought 200$ in merchandise for $100, then he posted about in these forums. Then DD had I would assume around 100 jabronis all demanding hand pocked boxes and now DD no longer offers mystery boxes, I'm assuming partially due to how it was handled.

Think about the consequences for marshallstreet a company who gets most of their business online from hear say on these forums, making giant exceptions can work out VERY badly for them.

Last edited:
I read as much of this thread as I could stomach, but had to quit after the response from Trent. I've never used Marshall Street, but I was seriously considering it due to the masses of X-Outs they have up for sale there. This thread did absolutely nothing to change my opinion. It just kind of annoyed me.

I understand the OP's frustration with the whole situation, and I absolutely understand how Trent feels too to have someone essentially slander him and his business all over the internet because they have policies that weren't convenient to the customer's situation. This is why I hate Yelp. The OP has used MSt for years and I'm sure he's never posted on here to say what a great deal he got on his bar stamp Buzzz or whatever, or how MSt had it shipped to him long before he expected it to arrive. But one bad experience and not only does he choose to boycott the store, but he also decides that everyone else in the disc golf community should too. Too many people these days take things too personally, and this is what happens. You aren't hurting MSt's rep at all by complaining on a forum. I'm a loyal Clearwater customer, but if I see something at Marshall that I want I'm not going to be like, "Wait a minute... Some random dude I don't know claimed to have a bad experience there ONCE... I'd better not give them my money."

On the flip side of things, Trent shouldn't have bothered to even reply on this forum, or if he did he should have waited til he didn't want to wring this guy's neck. My business never replies to Yelp reviews unless the review is 100% false and unwarranted. Replying only makes you look bad and defensive. It makes you look worse when you say things like, "Have fun paying more at (insert competition here)." It's one thing to say what happened from your point of view, but if you say it calmly and don't throw in any extra digs it will make you look better in the end.

MS didn't do itself any favors by treating a customer like this. Granted the escalation didn't help resolve the situtation, clearly MS will loose this customer and others based on word-of-mouth, the most critical ad channel for a small company like MS. Screw-ups happen, but clearly MS didn't want to make the customer happy and simply follow procedure, at least not the people you spoke with over the phone.

Message received...i won't be shopping at MS based on your experience, so thanks for that.

It sucks that you didt get what you wanted, but demanding immediate fixes to the problem is just not possible for a business, let alone one that has to ship goods across the country.

I work as a purchasing manager for a distribution company. It sure sounds like Marshall Street was in the wrong on this one.

If I order something from my wholesalers and they **** it up, you better believe they're bending over backwards to do everything they can to be sure I'm satisfied with whatever fix we work out.

If they don't, I find another wholesaler that can meet my needs.

The only difference is my orders are for many thousands of dollars where Steezo's was for a few bucks. I assume from the way MS handled the situation that they don't care enough about "small timers" because it doesn't affect their bottom line as significantly.

:shrugsmiley:

Regardless, it doesn't make their actions either right or defensible, in my opinion.

Breaking company policy every now and then isn't going to lead down some slippery slope where you have to break it for everyone. Of course if you find yourself or employees having to break company policy often to accommodate customers then you might need to re-evaluate your company policy. I would say that in this case I probably would have broken policy and used Steezo's prepaid label as he did go out of his way in the first place to call Marshall Street and then offered to work with them to get the discs he wanted in the time frame he was expecting the original discs in.
As a manager of a business that provides customer service, I also would have made an "executive decision" to break company policy in order to satisfy a client in this situation.

This type of action almost always guarantees repeat business and referrals. If this business is in a position where they do not need repeat business and/or referrals, then they handled this situation properly.

I think store policy should be a moot point when it is the store who made said mistake.
Ditto!

I've had customers kick, scream, curse, and use just about every four letter word. But the moment you get in a chest match or start responding to insults with insults...you have failed as a manager.
Agreed. However, he will have a chance to redeem himself the next time a similar situation arises. None of us are perfect and we should never expect our employees or customers to be perfect 100% of the time either. A manager/owner's willingness to make things right or not speaks volumes about a company.

I can't beleive that Trent even posted in this thread. I understand wanting to defend yourself but as a customer service rep you aren't representing yourself you are representing the company.

I would not want one of my employees responding in an internet thread about or to a customer for any reason. This goes for the owner of the company all the way down to who sweeps the floor when we close.

I doubt I will ever order from Marshall Street because of this

Status
Not open for further replies.