• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Worst ever on one hole?

I know I have taken an 8 a time or two but do not remember the details. My most memorable blow up was a 7 on Renny Gold #5 (Pro par-4). I was comfortably in the lead in Advanced in a PDGA tournament and we finished on hole 6......just needed to play save and coast in for the win.

I hit a tree early, had a good recovery to a spot where I could get up and down for par, but hit the same big tree twice. I then got close and missed my 20' putt. I was behind a stroke then. Fortunate for me, the other guy screwed up the next hole and we ended up tying in regulation.

My favorite hole to see blow-ups on is 129' Cam Yards hole 18 (9 short). There is an OB road about 45' down the hill to the left. It is a fun ace run on the final hole - I have aced it 2 times in tournament play for over $300 in winnings (and aced it multiple other times). BUT....if you miss your ace-run you are almost always left with a dangerous uphill putt - especially so when it is windy. Lots of roll-away potential.

I have laughed my ass off at friends (some of them 975-1000 rated) taking scores between 5's and 9's in league play. 129 frickin feet! It is not quite as funny when it is me blowing up though. :)

a2240e20.jpg

This year I played in a tourney and one of the guys on my first card shot a 12 after parking it on his drive. Yes, eleven puts back and forth. The amazing part was watching him shoot great the rest of the tournament. He actually got back in the money.

Present hole 10 at Nockamixon is a par 5 821 ft wooded fairway the entire way that doglegs hard left and sits behind a stone wall. Snowmen are common here..Ive taken 11 or 12 many times on this hole....I rarely break 10 on this hole anymore but it's possible....unlike other tough holes, there is no OOB its just that hard of a hole and the part that really burns me up is that it is a fair hole.....I got birdie 4 once on this hole......to my knowledge it has never been eagled!

Yes, I know this hole very well...............laughing. When you drive off the tee you think you are going to do so well being it's down slope. Then you look down the fairway and realize you didn't go anywhere. If you start lumberjacking, this hole is going to be a 9 or 10. This is always one of my worst holes. I think my best is a 6 on this one. Nockamixon as a whole is not a kind and forgiving coarse. Whenever I think I'm doing great and scoring under par at all the other local coarses. I go to play Nocky and get a reality check. It's one of my favorate coarses to play but it's tough. It's not the coarse layout that's bad. It's just a combination of many things that will knock your game off. Oh! and make sure you wear waterproof hiking boots for this coarse. If you play in shorts and flip-flops? You will pay the price! Laughing.

My favorite hole to see blow-ups on is 129' Cam Yards hole 18 (9 short). There is an OB road about 45' down the hill to the left. It is a fun ace run on the final hole - I have aced it 2 times in tournament play for over $300 in winnings (and aced it multiple other times). BUT....if you miss your ace-run you are almost always left with a dangerous uphill putt - especially so when it is windy. Lots of roll-away potential.

I have laughed my ass off at friends (some of them 975-1000 rated) taking scores between 5's and 9's in league play. 129 frickin feet! It is not quite as funny when it is me blowing up though. :)

a2240e20.jpg

Looks like just a long putt to me.

Looks like just a long putt to me.

Exactly! That is what is so funny when people get more than a 3 on it (which is pretty often since everyone always tries the ace-run. :doh:

The way I highlighted the basket though does mess up the perspective. The basket is about 35' past the tree and there is about 5-6' of rise (effective length is more like a whopping 145'). Still pretty good risk/reward for a very fun finishing hole.

Latest posts