• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Worst round ever.

fretgod321

Par Member
So today i was playing at Cottonmill (i live in nebraska, so this is about as good as it gets for disc golf :| ). but anyways, i tee off the second hole and my disc hooks off to the left into the woods. So i walk to the edge of the woods, and have to set my bag down (the woods on the course are pretty thick; lots of undergrowth. After looking around for a bit, i find my disc (ended up only 10 feet in) and as i turn around, i see two high school age guys walking up the hill past me, and one of them is holding a red disc. Okay, i thought, he must've been playing and is walking to the next hole. but when i come back to my bag, i notice my DX Roc is missing, which also is red. And suddenly it dawns on me, that ******* stole my disc, RIGHT OUT OF MY BAG. I was so pissed, that was my absolute favorite disc in my bag, it was broken in just right. and by the time i realized it was stolen, they were already out of sight, and i was unable to track them down.

So throughout the rest of the round, i was so out of focus, being pissed off at having my disc stolen, i managed to lose my 169g DX destroyer in the lake, and my 172g DX Tee-Rex in the woods.

anyone else have a day as bad as this, or at least discs stolen from your bag?

I had a FLX Buzzz that I'm fairly certain was stolen. The area it went to was blind to me when I threw but I know it well and its all open. Real sorry that happened to you.

Makes me wonder about the distiction between Disc Golfers and punksters throwing plastic? I'm for banning the boys that throw like girls to the Mini-Golf courses with Go Karts and Windmills. Like a basic test....if you can't play catch with an Ultimate Disc at 75'....you gotta play the kiddee courses with your Grandmother.

The walking off with discs issue....whats up with that?

That really sucks. I hate losing plastic, but for someone to steal it from your bag sucks even more. It's too bad you couldn't track those douches down.

That does suck...on the other side of the country we played good samaritan and tried to find a guys disc in the kudzu (failed) and then found a star shark which is going to go back to MD and also found a guys Champ Orc on the course and returned it to him on the spot.

Don't worry...people like that will shank your stolen disc into the woods and get eaten by a bear...who will then call you to set you up for a trap...so be careful. ;)

Makes me wonder about the distiction between Disc Golfers and punksters throwing plastic? I'm for banning the boys that throw like girls to the Mini-Golf courses with Go Karts and Windmills. Like a basic test....if you can't play catch with an Ultimate Disc at 75'....you gotta play the kiddee courses with your Grandmother.

The walking off with discs issue....whats up with that?

i think this thread shows the distinction, true disc golfers go to all lengths to return found discs to their rightful owners, knowing that the other would do the same for them.

X2

I found a really sweet tie dye champ teebird yesterday while searching fir an errant throw...could barely make out any of the name, and no number...thought I had found me a sweet keeper disc...made the effort to post on the local forum and almost immediately found out whose it was and will be returning it to the very grateful owner this coming week...good karma FTW...hope people would do the same for me, bit alas I've only gotten one back out of ten or so, several of which I know had to have been found...

I would kick the ever living hell out of someone, if they stole a disc out of my bag.

That would suck if they really did take it. Also sucks that you lost two more since you were pissed :/

I would kick the ever living hell out of someone, if they stole a disc out of my bag.
I guess this answers the ever popular question of "WWJD?"

I had a similar thing happen to me. I threw a drive, putted and moved on to the next hole. Well I forgot my blue Champion Teebird. I didn't realize that until i was few holes away and didnt want to back track and figured that I could pick it up on the way back or that hopefully someone would return it since I play this course all the time and know quite a few people who play it. Well it just so happens that on this course the holes overlap in spots, so as I was teeing off I saw a blue Champion Teebird come flying straight at me from the direction I had left my disc. I walk over and see that it is in fact my disc, but along comes a young punk with about 8 buddies. He stands over my disc that he just drove, I ask if that is a Teebird knowing full well it is, and explain that I had mistakenly left it at that hole. He then proceeds to tell me no its not a Teebird. I insist that it looks a whole lot like my disc. Well his buddies start saying I have made a mistake and need to leave them be. GRRRRRRRRRR :mad: :mad: :mad: I'll tell you what, I'm a big guy and probably could have taken 4 or 5 of them but 8 guys was gonna be tough so I gritted my teeth and moved on, but I swear if I ever see that punks face (and yes dude I know what you look like) I will be taking that Teebird out his a*&. By the way this happened at Bear Branch in the Woodlands Texas and the proliferation of punks at this course is the reason I dont play it much anymore.

By the way this happened at Bear Branch in the Woodlands Texas and the proliferation of punks at this course is the reason I dont play it much anymore.

Agreed - there have been a lot of two discers out playing that course lately. Makes the place crowded and slow!

So today i was playing at Cottonmill (i live in nebraska, so this is about as good as it gets for disc golf :| ). but anyways, i tee off the second hole and my disc hooks off to the left into the woods. So i walk to the edge of the woods, and have to set my bag down (the woods on the course are pretty thick; lots of undergrowth. After looking around for a bit, i find my disc (ended up only 10 feet in) and as i turn around, i see two high school age guys walking up the hill past me, and one of them is holding a red disc. Okay, i thought, he must've been playing and is walking to the next hole. but when i come back to my bag, i notice my DX Roc is missing, which also is red. And suddenly it dawns on me, that ******* stole my disc, RIGHT OUT OF MY BAG. I was so pissed, that was my absolute favorite disc in my bag, it was broken in just right. and by the time i realized it was stolen, they were already out of sight, and i was unable to track them down.

So throughout the rest of the round, i was so out of focus, being pissed off at having my disc stolen, i managed to lose my 169g DX destroyer in the lake, and my 172g DX Tee-Rex in the woods.

anyone else have a day as bad as this, or at least discs stolen from your bag?

This is obviously a sign from the big man above telling you to switch to a Buzzz. :D

ive had my disc stolen by a small child right after i aced a hole. he took it out of the basket and ran with it.
ive never seen any "punks" around here. most of the people are disc golfers and they all play by the good samaritan code of ethics. the whole group i play with even jumped into the scummy pond water to get a disc for a guy we had never met.

im pretty sure that if someone took a disc right out of my bag. i would take the remaining 13 or 14 discs and gun them down with them. im deadly accurate so it wouldnt be too much fun for them.

Latest posts