• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

worst tees, tee signs, and baskets

I'm gonna have to get some pix to back this up, but over in Frontier Park some of the teepads are (I swear to God I'm not making this up) one foot wide, two feet long, and back up to a concrete block wall.

Other than that, though, it's a pretty crappy course.

I'm gonna have to get some pix to back this up, but over in Frontier Park some of the teepads are (I swear to God I'm not making this up) one foot wide, two feet long, and back up to a concrete block wall.

Other than that, though, it's a pretty crappy course.

Here's a pic

Some of the tees actually do butt up against a wall.

Last edited:
What are the worst tees, tee signs, and baskets all in one course that you have played at. For me, Burnett Woods. Most signs missing, two baskets gone, and baskets bent.:thmbdown:

My "most played" course, Eagle County Fairgrounds in Eagle, CO.

Tee boxes are either rock filled, rutted dirt or lumpy rubber pads.

There are tee signs at only a handful of holes and are usually inaccurate as the course has changed since they were created.

There are a couple of baskets that are much shorter than regulation, maybe only 6 or so inches between the grass and the catchment area.

If you are playing it for the first time, without a map (which does not exist for the current layout) you will for sure be lost a lot of the time.

BUT, I can't discount it completely. Although it is an awful course, it does have some redeeming qualities.

It's the worst I've played but I'm certain that its far from being considered one of the worst courses in the land.

May be late chiming in in this, but any tee sign in the front right hand corner of the pad is BAD. I slammed my middle finger into a tee sign (hole#1 Chavez Ridge, CA) and thought I broke it. There is still a mark under my fingernail and its been 2 months.

If your from the KC area there is a nine hole in parkville that runs next to the river. Awesome scenery, mowed grass, trimmed trees. There are no signs at all and no designated tee pads. I guess you just pick your own spot to tee from, not really sure. If they just added some signs or some pads it would be a cool little 9 holer

I played Parkville last Aug. and thought it was not too bad. I did find some tee markers after finding people to follow. I do think a few holes could be improved a bit.

The worst tee signs are ones installed by idiot parks departments who don't realize that if you put the tee sign right on the corner of tee pad it sort of makes the teepad next to useless.
:doh:

0a8d10c2_m.jpg

Granted it is a short course.

LOL I played this course about an hour before I met up with you. Very fuuny situation as a RHBH throw. Not a bad course though, just ignore this one silly flaw.

A tree fell right on this bad boy. It just got replaced about a week ago.

#5 at Highland Road Park, Baton Rouge, LA

Attachments

• #5 @ Highland.jpg
    #5 @ Highland.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 76
You bastards. I'm going to have to go to hell and back just to take pics.

I hate you all.

You bastards. I'm going to have to go to hell and back just to take pics.

I hate you all.

LOL. I knew it was coming. I knew 1 day after years of therapy that you would have to go back and face your fears and demons and play Cojoe valley YMCA. Dude you must get us some pics of that place. Hell, a hole by hole layout would be sweet. And of course pics of you playing it. I have looked at many courses in the Houston and Dallas areas. I think they both have about 40 plus courses in their surrounding areas. That 1 that Midnight put up early in this thread of that basket is classic. It looks like it might belong in a private trailer park course that has been kept a secret. Dallas also has at least 1 9 holer with at least 5 reviews with a rating of 0 discs, maybe another 1 also. That basket from Baton Rouge looks like it was in contact with a tornado.

Just played Osborne Park in Nampa, ID and found there tees boxes to be small( about 3x4) but the one on hole 2 is terrible. They poured in down hill. And not but 10ft back is a level walking path they could have marked with painting a tee box. The hole is only like 255 ft so an extra 10ft would have been good. You get to hole three and all of the sudden they recieved a revelation to strip a tee box on the walking path. This park is new and not used much yet, so I bet in time it will be fixed. I can't stand idiots that put in unlevel tee pads.