• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Wraith love - post your stories

I find them to have more glide than the stars. Love my champion wraith. I can release it low and on a hyzer and it flips up, drifts a bit right, then fades back to center. Mine is also pretty beat FWIW

We had our 22nd annual Superbowl Morning Tournament. Not only did I park 2 holes around 300-350' I won the 300' CTP at the end for $40 (Nobody aced so the money went to the CTP).

I love my Wraith family.

attachment.php

Old beat in Pro.

attachment.php

Freshie Pro

attachment.php

Tee for the MVP basket (I guess I should have called a foot fault on that guy)

Attachments

• 0205171125_HDR.jpg
    0205171125_HDR.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 313
  • 0205171259_HDR.jpg
    0205171259_HDR.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 312
  • 0205171123_HDR.jpg
    0205171123_HDR.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 316
Last edited:
I find them to have more glide than the stars. Love my champion wraith. I can release it low and on a hyzer and it flips up, drifts a bit right, then fades back to center. Mine is also pretty beat FWIW

The few champ Wraiths I've thrown were domey and pretty OS. I really like minimal dome Star Wraiths, fast and long.

What's the general consensus on Champion Wraiths?

More stable. Though, I don't have a lot of experience with champ wraiths. For how many star, pro, and dx ive owned/own I have had few champs. Never had a really domed or board flat one. Just the average dome most have. Regarless, they are more stable wind fighter types that will end left.

^^^agreed, more stable. This is true for all of my Champs but I'm sure there are some that are less stable out there. I don't think I've seen the minimal dome versions that Snap-It is talking about.

^^^agreed, more stable. This is true for all of my Champs but I'm sure there are some that are less stable out there. I don't think I've seen the minimal dome versions that Snap-It is talking about.

Minimal dome Star Wraiths, not Champ. Lots of flattish Star Wraiths out there. :)

Since I don't feel like necro. Impinge any very old, very dead threads, and since, if my history is remembered correctly, they were originally meant to be the wraith-x, to throw or not to throw, that is the question.
5lERvf3.jpg

To throw. Teerexes are awesome throwers and beat in to have a sweet minimal turn with reliable fade. I find them to fly like my wraiths, but with a little less distance and a little more fade. Great FH disc. Not a well-loved enough mold to be worth a lot. That may change since, if I remember correctly, they're now OOP.

On the topic of wraiths, I recently traded for a well loved champ wraith and a super beat in PFN 12x wraith. 12x Wraith is now my farthest flyer. It just keeps turning and turning before it comes back. The champ flies super far and straight before coming back. those two along with my fairly new max weight star wraith makes for a really good cycle of drivers.

Found a Metal Flake champ and a circle stamp champ within a week, both with no names. With those two I now have 30+ Wraiths, you could say i'm fond of the mold.

I'll probably always bag at least one Wraith.

I don't have the arm speed for destroyers so I use wraiths along with 1 champ glow Destroyer and an Octane to beat in for the future and for awesome flex shots.

Due to some luck and camping out on dollar disc golf auctions I have a multitude of patent no. Wraiths. My favorite is a unicorn PFN wraith from PIAS that is board flat with a stupid high PLH: it's a combination of beef and glide that I haven't found anywhere else.

So how are current run Champion & Star Wraiths coming out stability wise? Which plastic is coming out more overstable? I know PLH is important but I'm just talking in general.

So how are current run Champion & Star Wraiths coming out stability wise? Which plastic is coming out more overstable? I know PLH is important but I'm just talking in general.

Off all I've held and the few I've thrown current pro wraiths are very solid. A touch stiffer than they used to be but still great plastic. The champ glow they just put out is seriously nice champ-based plastic.

How do bottom stamped Star Wraiths compare to stock stamp Stars? Are bottom stamps generally more overstable? I ask because I've noticed the bottom stamped Star Destroyers I've bought have tended to be beefy.

idk, I picked up a Climo Tour Star Wraith and shiza is that bad boy stable. I made the brilliant decision of throwing it off the tee in a tourney having never thrown it before and it's straight beef. Reminds me of the old SDD (hysterias). Will be nice to have but...yikes is it OS.

How do bottom stamped Star Wraiths compare to stock stamp Stars? Are bottom stamps generally more overstable? I ask because I've noticed the bottom stamped Star Destroyers I've bought have tended to be beefy.

I got a pink max weight bottom stamp star to use in my OS distance slot. It's pretty flat and started out very nice and OS, however after about a month of beating in it started to show a little bit of turn. It seems slower than my other Wraiths, maybe that's just because it's flat so it has less glide and drops out faster.

At this point I feel like a new, non-bottom stamp *WR acts more OS: has zero high speed turn, and fades farther because it's still gliding through the fade.

Did use the bottom stamp to kill a rattlesnake on Saturday, tho. Turns out they work OK for that.

In other Wraith news, I got an ace yesterday with a red 175g X-out *WR. Good times.

Fellow wraith enthusiast here. I have a gaggle of star wraiths that I cycle as my main driver. Threw my favorite PFN swirly today about 385' to have a long putt on a 430' hole. Didn't hit the putt, but that wraith flew a gorgeous S.

Then I threw my flat, higher PLH star wraith on a dog leg left hole, turned it over (my fault - angle integrity y'all) into the jungle and couldn't find it. I was using this one as my OS bookend for the cycle. Anyways I'm looking to replace it, but I'm thinking about trying a champ or metal flake for the OS role of the cycle. Even my fresh stars show a bit of turn into a headwind, except for this one I just lost. Only thing is, I prefer a gummier feel. So I don't want to end up with slick, hard as a rock champ plastic. JL is ok.

I've read through the thread and I've seen the Discmania DD recommendation, but would like to keep the mold consistent if possible.

Tell me your stories, wraith lovers!

Glow champ isnt gunny, but i liked it as the more OS end on a wraith cycle. Dd also works well. It really does feel like a wraith in the hand. Yoy could also go teerex (which was originally molded as a wraith-x) or go crazy and get a max (again, feels like a wraith, but one thats been juicing).

Latest posts